• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
personally i think watersound west has gone from fairly valued 18-24 months to crazy overvalued now. i drove around there a month ago and many of the homes are packed in with 5-10 feet between them going for 600-700k that were no more than 450-500k 2 yrs ago. i guess the flippers win again

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
personally i think watersound west has gone from fairly valued 18-24 months to crazy overvalued now. i drove around there a month ago and many of the homes are packed in with 5-10 feet between them going for 600-700k that were no more than 450-500k 2 yrs ago. i guess the flippers win again

There were plenty of buyers waiting for " the bottom" and now frustrated to know that was somewhere between 12 and 24 months ago. We are on a ride up, (rules of supply and demand),and I would encourage any buyer to buy the best quality property that makes you happy, as inventory is historically low.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
Lisa i bought a home 200 yards from the beach in 2010 and to this day got one of the best deals on 30-a and my homes up more than watersound homes so im happy. i guess i,m just amazed somebody would pay 700k for a 2500 square home with such a far walk to the beach. if you're on the far side of the neighborhood its at least a 10-12 min walk. but hey its like watercolor phase 4.They were left for dead 2 years ago and many of the prices are up 50-75% from the lows.Were already starting to see a fair amount of flipping from many who bought in the last yr or 2 so i hope that slows down or it will suffocate prices