• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Hi gang!

I replaced all the 2ft high lattice around the inside of our porch while we were down for Christmas. I need to haul it off when we come back in three weeks. Where is there a dump or landfill that will accept construction debris or busted up lattice? It's wood...

thanks!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Unfortunately, the closest landfill is about four miles west of Freeport on the north side of the road. It costs somewhere around $30 to $40 a truckload. The landfill in DeFuniak is free, but seriously too far away for us.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Unfortunately, the closest landfill is about four miles west of Freeport on the north side of the road. It costs somewhere around $30 to $40 a truckload. The landfill in DeFuniak is free, but seriously too far away for us.

Free is never too far for me.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
If you can fit it in a regular can, often they will collect it. I have seen them collect yard debris from vacant lots, so depending on the actual waste do give it a try.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
That's the way I do it. Cut it up into smaller pieces and bag it, if you can. It beats a trip to DeFuniak and back, for me.