• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
See the preview for South Walton episode....

[video=youtube_share;EqbJ-X79j3o]http://youtu.be/EqbJ-X79j3o[/video]

Emeril's Florida features Emeril on-location exploring the food, cooking, events, and activities around the Sunshine State. During the series, he takes viewers throughout Florida visiting the state's top restaurants and resorts. He also prepares some of his favorite recipes featuring a variety of Florida's finest seafood and attends world-class events, festivals, and sports venues throughout the state.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Emeril_s_Florida.jpg

South Walton will soon air as the second feature in a new television series hosted by celebrity chef, Emeril Lagasse. Emeril, who now resides in Northwest Florida with his family, will showcase different locations throughout the Sunshine State in the "Emeril's Florida" series airing on the Food Network's Cooking Channel. “The show is about what this great state offers,” Lagasse said. “So it’s not just about cooking, it’s not just restaurants, although that’s a nice chunk of it. But it’s about the beaches, it’s about fishing, it’s about farming, it’s about the agriculture.” During his time in South Walton, Emeril visited Mac Farms located in Santa Rosa Beach to view the locally grown and distributed herbs and vegetables. Local restaurants featured in the episode include Fish Out of Water and Bud & Alley’s. Emeril also embarked on a charter fishing trip from the Baytowne Marina at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and cooked up dinner right on the docks. During his time in South Walton Emeril also visited Stinky’s Fish Camp which will be showcased in a separate episode along with a segment featuring Florida Governor, Rick Scott. “When people think about Florida, of course, they think about sunshine and how beautiful it is. They don’t really know the variety, the extent of what is really here. There’s so much here it’s incredible,” Lagasse said. The South Walton episode will air on Sunday, January 13, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. and rerun on Monday, January 14, 2013, at 9:30 a.m. and Thursday, January 17, 2013, at 11:30 a.m.

2489pre_dba9f9f21854f6c.jpg

lauralbardin

Beach Lover
May 23, 2012
I was expecting more- I want to watch the rest of the episodes featuring SoWal before I decide if it really represented the area well-

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
So what do y'all think of the show?

[video=youtube_share;Viz8GShonWw]http://youtu.be/Viz8GShonWw[/video]

It was better than I thought it was going to be. My preconceived idea was Emeril cooking stuff with our lame duck TDC director serving as sous chef. Pretty well done IMO.

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I was expecting more- I want to watch the rest of the episodes featuring SoWal before I decide if it really represented the area well-

From what I read the entire show is about different parts of FL and the food and activities is different areas of the state. There may not be any more episodes about SoWal.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
From what I read the entire show is about different parts of FL and the food and activities is different areas of the state. There may not be any more episodes about SoWal.

I believe there is a Florida Agriculture episode airing Jan.26-27 featuring MAC Farms (Jen & Andy McAlexander) hydroponic garden. MAC Farms supplies greens, heirloom tomatoes, and veggies to many 30A fine dining establishments.