• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

spaglioni

Beach Lover
Dec 31, 2012
Hope he has the Chocolate Gateau for dessert! Man we ate our fill of that back in the day.

Beachberbs

Beach Lover
May 24, 2008
We could use another moderate choice now that 723 Whiskey Bravo is trying their hand at fine dining.
I agree. I was disappointed that you can no longer order burgers and sandwiches for dinner at Whiskey Bravo. We need more affordable places to dine. I prefer to buy and eat local but it can get too pricey!

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Eat at the bar and you can get burgers and sandwiches.

Was shocked to see their beef dinner is market price. Never seen that before.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
Criolla

I agree. I was disappointed that you can no longer order burgers and sandwiches for dinner at Whiskey Bravo. We need more affordable places to dine. I prefer to buy and eat local but it can get too pricey!

I totally agree. I'm tired of having to spend $15 to $20 for lunch. That's why we end up at chain restaurants often. Whiskey Bravo started off fine but then changed their manager, raised their prices, and their food and service went downhill. Good luck to them but I do wish more local restaurants were local friendly. McTigues is one of the more reasonablr places.

Last edited by a moderator:

PJJ

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2007
I would think that the best way to compete with the newest Golden Spoon winner a few feet in one direction and the most established local fine dining a quarter mile in the other direction would be to do something completely different. Between the land, construction, buildout and a few years of startup losses, the owners have to have $5 million in this by now. I really hope they do well, but that's a lot of ground to make up in an area this seasonal and this competitive.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
I would think that the best way to compete with the newest Golden Spoon winner a few feet in one direction and the most established local fine dining a quarter mile in the other direction would be to do something completely different. Between the land, construction, buildout and a few years of startup losses, the owners have to have $5 million in this by now. I really hope they do well, but that's a lot of ground to make up in an area this seasonal and this competitive.

I think he has owned that location for over a decade, now, and probably had lots of kitchen equipment in storage.

PJJ

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2007
I think he has owned that location for over a decade, now, and probably had lots of kitchen equipment in storage.

Thought it sold a few years ago for around $2 million but it might not have been arms length. Still, I hope they make a fortune but they have a challenge ahead.