• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachgyrl

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2012
I understand that 30A will be closed this Sunday, March 3 from 6-10 am for the Half Marathon. However, I live south of 30A and have to drive company to the airport that morning at 8:30. The only way for me to get to 98 is by taking 30 A to 393. How can I do this if I can't use 30A? Any advice? Thanks!

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Contact the school or the non emergency number to the wcso. They should be able to answer your question. Or get up real early & have Donut Hole for breakfast on the way

beachgyrl

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2012
I can't leave before 6! I'm taking a friend, her infant and toddler. Any other ideas? Won't there be cops directing traffic? They can't really prevent people from leaving their homes. My husband is on call at the hospital, so if he gets called during that time period, he'll have to leave.

lauralbardin

Beach Lover
May 23, 2012
Call the sheriff dept and ask- I always thought it was closed unless emergency but sheriff dept can answer your question- good luck :)

beachgyrl

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2012
I tried the sheriff's office today and kept getting transferred around. Finally left a message for one lieutenant but still haven't gotten a call back.

beachgyrl

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2012
Tried that twice and just got a voicemail- left two messages and haven't heard back. Very frustrated.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
393 is the turn around point. Where on 30A are you coming from? If west of that point, no issue. If you are east of Draper Lake, you can cut through the back of Gulfview Heights at the water tower as long as you don't mind driving on a dirt road.

Or...you may just have to leave really early...