• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DAWGFISH

Beach Comber
Jun 30, 2005
We Are Coming Down To Seagrove Beach In A Couple Of Weeks, And I Was Wondering Where You Could Buy Live Shrimp To Do Some Surf Fishing With.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I saw a place on the north side of the 331 bridge that sold live bait. I know they have bull minnows but not sure about shrimp. The place looks like a restaurant but it has a bait place out back. Someone else here may know a better place.

hutch

Beach Lover
Landlock did you buy bait at the 331 location last week? I though they were closed. Yellowfin in Grayton Beach sells frozen shrimp and other bait. But, I can not think of any one in our area that sells live shrimp unless you are go into Destin.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
That's Dave and Chana at Beach Island Cafe and Live Bait. Neil runs the bait side, he opens around 5am and is there until 10ish. Usually have live shrimp, bull minnows, pins, and frozen bait, as well as the scoop on hot spots. They are real good people, and the Cafe is buffet style, good food. (No, one is not a supply source for the other :) ) It's about 2 miles north of the 331 bridge. Bait shop monitors VHF 12.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
Hutch,

I've been working too much the last two weeks, no fishing for me. Last time I went, trout were active in the am on the flats, then moved into deeper channels. Flounder were HOT, hitting everything! Reds were hit or miss, but hanging around the currents. My crab traps have been filling up nicely lately, making for some good crab boils. I will be out on the water this w/e, so hopefully the fish'll cooperate. Look for my redfisher and holler at me!

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
Yes I am :)

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Hi Dawgfish - My husband buys shrimp and squid at Tom Thumb on 30-A in Seagrove. Have a good trip!

DAWGFISH said:
We Are Coming Down To Seagrove Beach In A Couple Of Weeks, And I Was Wondering Where You Could Buy Live Shrimp To Do Some Surf Fishing With.