• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
Flipped Off and Cursed by an LSV Driving on the Timpochee Trail ( bike path).......

:cool::angry:

Enjoying the beautiful drive down our 30-A last night about dusk until towards the western end of the A we noticed a LSV being driven ON the bike path by a couple of blonde co-eds and what appeared to be a man-boy hanging on the back ( at least I think he was a guy). The driver ( let's call her Prissy as she was smuggly motoring her souped up white frame LSV with a Florida tag ( first three digits 716) on it appeared as oblivious as she looked as we pulled up beside them ( from 30-A) and yelled ( yes yelled for Heaven's sake which is probably the first time anyone had ever raised their voice to Prissy!) at her to get off the bike path. By the look on her face:blink: you would have thought someone had shot her with a taser gun. "I'm just going right down here" Prissy drawled after having already driven down the Trail for at least a half a mile. We told her to get off or we were calling the Sheriff. "They won't do anything" Prissy retorted ( or in her case re-tart'ed) as she quickly turned left down Allen Loop Drive then Flipping ( shooting the bird/ finger or another way of saying FU!) us off and the man-boy on the back shouting out a few final curses.

And, yes, right after she turned as it was getting darker here came a group of five/six walkers on the trail. Good thing Prissy was "just going right down there" or there could have been a serious crash.

WE have to do everything we can to keep these LSV's off 30-A and for Goodness Sakes keep them off :banned:of the Trail. Are these people CRAZY!! At least totally IRRESPONSIBLE!!

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
It will take one serious accident (hopefully no one killed) and then the "fhit will hit the san .com"
That's my prediction!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
There are too many good old boys and bad neighbors making money renting these things who will resist substantial golf cart 'reform'. Sadly, I don't think anyone will care until the kid of a hotshot Atlanta attorney gets killed and all responsible parties are litigated into ruin or retirement. It is going to happen!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
There are too many good old boys and bad neighbors making money renting these things who will resist substantial golf cart 'reform'. Sadly, I don't think anyone will care until the kid of a hotshot Atlanta attorney gets killed and all responsible parties are litigated into ruin or retirement. It is going to happen!

Based on some of the "adult" (age, not maturity) behavior I've seen, it won't necessarily be a kid. Otherwise, completely agreed.

JanetS

Beach Comber
Sep 8, 2012
Atlanta, GA and Inlet Beach
So true. In the past three days, I have seen:

1) teenage or underage drivers sail through a stop sign on my street in a cart without even slowing down
2) adult male driving 25 MPH in the 45 MPH zone on 30A with kids hanging off the back
3) someone driving down the bike path
4) Street legal cart with a tag parked in no-parking zone at end of Winston Lane. The irony was - the tag had the slogan "Support Law Enforcement." I guess they think "no parking" doesn't apply to carts.

We need some law enforcement in Walton County.

Based on some of the "adult" (age, not maturity) behavior I've seen, it won't necessarily be a kid. Otherwise, completely agreed.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
What?! Preposterous! Are you serious?

Golf carts are not legal on public streets or the bike path--they are explicitly UNfree.

Just checking. Golf carts are not legal on the bike path, sidewalks, or roads? Does this mean they need to stay within their communities and on golf courses only? I'm definitely fine with that!

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
My favorites of the week are:
1) Golf cart parked in handicapped space at beach access.
2) Golf cart with flat tire abandoned on Grove Avenue and blocking two way traffic.
3) Golf cart stuck in sand after offroading across from Whiskey Bravo.

Driving on the bike path, underage drivers, intoxicated drivers, and overcrowded carts, are so commonplace they barely register anymore.