• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
A visiting woman actually told me she checked in and got the key for a house full of frat boys who were friends of her daughter and her sorority sisters. All that was required was an adult to show up to get the key- she did not have to show ID or any responsibility- and she told me she was more than happy to do this for them as long as she was not personally responsible and the rental agency did not require her to identify herself.

I am sure the look on my face said it all, but I quickly excused myself before I could thank her for being a total a$$hat.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
A visiting woman actually told me she checked in and got the key for a house full of frat boys who were friends of her daughter and her sorority sisters. All that was required was an adult to show up to get the key- she did not have to show ID or any responsibility- and she told me she was more than happy to do this for them as long as she was not personally responsible and the rental agency did not require her to identify herself.

I am sure the look on my face said it all, but I quickly excused myself before I could thank her for being a total a$$hat.

That explains a lot.

I know lots of Moms in our town who have done this for their teenaged and college-aged kids. Bad parenting.:nono1:

beasmiester

Beach Lover
Sep 1, 2009
I've noticed a lot more college kids on the east end of 30A this year. It seems every place from The Villages of South Walton through Seacrest Beach, west to Magnolia and Seagrove has been inundated with large groups of kids that party hard into the night. We are and should remain the perfect spot for families with smaller kids, who want a safe and restful vacation. I'm sure it must be hard to be vigilent when interviewing prospective renters but the kind of kids we're seeing this year bring nothing to the community and have no common sense when abusing the privilege of staying in your properties.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Hubby told me of ALOT of port-a-potties overturned all along 30A. They should catch and make these hoodlums clean ALL the public restrooms at all the walkovers on 30A for that stunt.:angry:

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
How is an adult who rents a place for underage/under 25 not liable if anything happens?

In our current legal system it seems that anyone is liable for anything.

Last edited: