• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
The only retail activity that should be allowed on SW beaches are chair/umbrella set-ups. What would be next - jetski rentals, food and beverage kiosks, para-sailing? Beware the slippery slope. People have already asked about electrical hook-ups on the beach.

JMT

Beach Lover
Aug 5, 2009
Seagrove Beach, Fl
The only retail activity that should be allowed on SW beaches are chair/umbrella set-ups. What would be next - jetski rentals, food and beverage kiosks, para-sailing? Beware the slippery slope. People have already asked about electrical hook-ups on the beach.
:dunno: Not even sure I agree with your premise, but what on earth does that have to do with trying to find someone to teach a private lesson on the beach? :lol:

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic

Thank you. I'll alert all the surfers, kayakers, and paddle boarders that they're having unsanctioned fun immediately. This must stop.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Your post asked about anyone giving lessons. Now unless they are providing their services free of charge then they are running a business and therefore should have a permit, insurance and other things associated with a business activity. Not allowed on the beach. You raise the absurd.

JMT

Beach Lover
Aug 5, 2009
Seagrove Beach, Fl
Your post asked about anyone giving lessons. Now unless they are providing their services free of charge then they are running a business and therefore should have a permit, insurance and other things associated with a business activity. Not allowed on the beach. You raise the absurd.

How do you feel about fishing charters?

erceill

Beach Comber
Jan 9, 2010
Why should chairs and umbrellas be allowed. Sounds like you are prejudiced agains fun. Providing a comfortable spot in the shade for old ladies in the preferred business on the beach. I only need a towel to sit on.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
I can't see how kite boarding lessons should rub anyone the wrong way.Love watching the kite boarders,there is a difference between motorized water sports and things that go quietly overhead.