• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

luca brazzi

Banned
Jan 6, 2013
I read that Odom has donated 30 acres at the Hammock Bay subdivision to the school district. What's the school district supposed to do with property in a subdivision?

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Especially since he gets it back if they don't use it in a certain amount of time.

The location is next to the sports complex and would be great for a school IMO. My school was next to a park and it was incredibly convenient for gym class and afterschool team sports. The school benefits from athletic fields and the fields use the school parking when it is not being used by the school.

The fact that he is loaning it instead of just donating is the issue.

Last edited:

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I'm sure good old selfless Jay and Carlene have something cooked up that will benefit Jay. And besides, I haven't noticed property values in Freeport going through the ceiling lately so that's just some property he can unload that he can't sell anyway.

Amber15lyn

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2009
Friends of mine live in hammock bay and word on the street is that they plan on building another school there. Surveys were sent out to determine interest within the community. Don't know where it stands "officially" though...