• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachberbs

Beach Lover
May 24, 2008
We have started using "Seacrest, FL" as our mailing address instead of Panama City Beach. It is not because I'm a snob. There is actually a street in Carillon with a similar name as our street (different counties, but same zip code) and our mail, FedEx, UPS keep getting misdirected. Since we started using "Seacrest" we haven't had any problems. As long as the zip code is correct, the city name doesn't really matter and it is much less confusing for everyone.

We started using Seacrest as our mailing address too. I have heard from others that the post office doesn't like it, but we are getting our mail.

russrich

Beach Comber
May 8, 2006
Ok. I have one for y'all. We live on the west side of Camp Creek Lake. Walton County. PCB address. Are we Seagrove, Seacrest, or something else?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Kurt, things change only by people who don't know. Yes you are correct when you say Seacrest Beach is a neighborhood within Seacrest. I knew as soon as that development was named it would create a big problem within the town of Seacrest. Then when the county came along and "branded" all the communities with the word beach on those big blue signs you had Seacrest Beach within Seacrest Beach and what a nightmare that was! I live in Seacrest and no one knew where I lived!!! Alys Beach, Rosemary Beach and Inlet beach are certainly "beach neighborhoods" but they are within the town of Seacrest. I have been a property owner in Seacrest for over 20 years and that's the way it has always been. So often the people our county brings in to do the marketing and draw the maps don't even live here or know this area. And to confuse things more our official post office is in Panama City Beach so that's our zip but we are not in Bay County, we are in Walton. That is exactly why Rosemary has their own Post Office because they did not want to have a Panama City Beach address.

Things change - meaning names change, boundaries are moved, morphed or created. Seaside was once just a stretch of beach. Sandestin didn't exist. Santa Rosa Beach was just a few homesteads. Once the whole area was known as Nunrutgootcha - an old Creek Indian word which means Redneck Riviera.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
"Nunrutgootcha"...a little too long to fit on a bumper sticker... I just like to call this area "home".:blush: