• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

angelo488

Beach Comber
Jan 23, 2013
Santa Rosa Beach
Finally we have reached our destination. My wife, daughter and I have just moved here from St. Louis. We've wanted to live in South Walton for a while now but it took some time to make it happen. This site has been very useful for us in our move, so I figured I'd drop in and say "Hey". I'm sure it's going to take a while to learn the lay of the land and not act like tourists, so if anyone has any advice, feel free to share. I'm sure I will meet some of you down the road since this seems like a pretty tight community. Be well until then!

ljkeller71

Beach Comber
Nov 12, 2012
Hi! We just moved here in Jan from St. Louis too!

You will find that everyone is so much more friendly and helpful here.

Good luck with settling in!

Leslie

angelo488

Beach Comber
Jan 23, 2013
Santa Rosa Beach
@ljkeller71 - I'm pretty sure my wife Stacee has spoken to you. Nice to meet you!

@Dawn - I've been in business development and retail management for many years. Unfortunately what employers don't realize is that I moved to the beach to simplify, but I keep hearing I'm over qualified for jobs. I would think that would be a positive thing because maybe I would bring a little extra to the table. I don't apply for positions I'm not going to stay in, and I'm not a stiff like my resume may lead someone to believe. Maybe based on my qualifications that's what they're thinking. Right now I'm willing to do about anything that's legal and moral..lol. I'm sure something will come up and hopefully soon.