• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachsinger

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2012
Seagrove Beach
Moving in a couple weeks. I think I've navigated water/power/gas, but it's been hard to find out which cable/internet provider(s) there are in SoWal. So I thought I'd come to the source.

Who offers service? If there's more than one choice, who do you prefer?

Thanks in advance!

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
Mediacrap is the primary internet/cable provider in Sowal and Centurylink offers DSL - If you are used to fast speeds prepare yourself as Mediacom's cable packages are horrible and the internet is slow as molasses. Get used to pages taking 3 times as long to load. I know you can get DSL paired with DirectTV at competitive prices through Centurylink.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Mediacrap is horrible! They have run new lines to my house three times and I still only get Internet sporadically. Centurylink is actually more dependable.

beachsinger

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2012
Seagrove Beach
Oh... er....wow... :shock: It's going to be important to have decent internet; my husband works out of the house and so do I when I'm home.

:thanks: for the suggestions!

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Centurylink for sure and Dish or directv...check with their specials and they do compete against one another for your business. And I am so happy you guys will be moving here!!!!!!

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I worked from home for years. Centurylink is the way to go. I had Mediacom as an emergency backup.