• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sully

Beach Comber
Mar 25, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
OK SoWal, need your help. Monday night someone stole my locked up kayak off the beach in front of my residence. :angry: I figure with all the eyes and ears on SoWal there might be a good chance of finding it. It is a very unique kayak. It is an Old Town Double Helix (two seater) lime green kayak. It is not a sit on top like most kayaks but a lounger type where you sit down inside, very distinctive. It look different than most other kayaks. Please keep an eye out for it and especially the type of kayak as I have heard that some stolen kayaks are repainted and sold. I have filed a report with Walton County Sheriff Dept. Hate it as it was great fun for the kids and my 'Serenity Now' activity. Thanks for any help!!!

Attachments

• My Kayak.jpg
    My Kayak.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 437

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
That is as low as it gets. I'll keep an eye out for the fiends.

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
Hi Sully:
Have you checked with the beach clean-up crews? Over the years we've had a few go missing only to turn up at the "impound lot". The county crews will cut the lock and take your stuff to their lot in the Blue Mtn area, in the interest of clearing the beach of gypsy settlements. It's worth looking into.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Sorry to hear that!

How did they get your lock off?

A tip - always etch your name or symbol on stuff so the police can help identify it.

Sully

Beach Comber
Mar 25, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Thanks John I did check with the TDC and they did not pick it up. They actually had a copy of the sheriff's report and were on the lookout for it also. By the way, it was locked up using a four digit bike cable lock. The cable was not cut, they had figured out the combination, unlocked it and left the lock there. I have since been told by several people that those bike cable locks are easy to figure out the combination, so be ware of those type of locks. Appreciate the response.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
That's what happens when too many people visit here. It wasn't always like this. Unfortunately when the numbers increase, so does crime. Not good.

Sully

Beach Comber
Mar 25, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Thanks treybmb, I saw it too as I also live in Blue Mountain Beach, which is where the kayak was taken from. Same color green from a distance but it was not the kayak, think it was actually a kids blow up raft or boat of some kind. Thanks for keeping an eye out, really appreciate it. It's a perfect day for a kayak ride, if only I had one! Yes you do detect a little whine.