• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

newtosowal

Beach Lover
Oct 15, 2012
Anyone know of a place where someone can rent out a commercial kitchen? Specifically, I'm looking to rent some freezer space, long term.

I'm looking to get into the food industry and the law states that I wouldn't be allowed to store product at my house, that it needs to be at a commercial kitchen. All I want is access to a freezer. Any thoughts?

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Have you talked to the health inspector about having a space in your house inspected and licensed? A garage or out building or main space if you have no pets?

newtosowal

Beach Lover
Oct 15, 2012
Well, the lady I talked to (in one of the health related offices awhile back) led me to believe that I needed to fulfill all the necessary requirements if I were to have one on my property i.e. certain size, separate bathroom, proper drainage etc. All seemingly too much to satisfy for what I had in mind.

But based on what you said it sounds like you've had or heard of others that have met some more "minimum" requirements and gotten licensed? Is that true?

If so, then maybe it's a matter of having a conversation with the right health inspector to get certified without previously assumed, burdensome rules. I mean, I've got a separate shed with power that can fit a freezer and don't have any pets.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
It's not so much a matter of the freezer ( though it does have to meet requirements) it is a question of where the food is being prepped, cooked, thawed, served. What are planning to do.

newtosowal

Beach Lover
Oct 15, 2012
No luck with getting something associated with my home. Doesn't sound like they will accommodate something at your house unless it meets their guidelines (separate bathroom in separate building).

So, is there any business out there that would be willing to trade access to your [walk in] freezer or space to put my own in exchange for $$$ towards your electric bill?
I need either a pallet sized space for my product (meat) in your freezer or space to plug in 1 large freezer or 2 medium freezers.