• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Maybe, but the spots employees took were not all in one lot but spread around as they found one. Are the valets going to drive around till they find one that won't be already taken by a guest? Good luck on this unless they rope off a significant number of spots for valet only.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
Driving down 30A today, I pulled in to Seaside to grab a soft drink from Modica Market. No parking was available, with many empty spots roped off for (I presume) valet parking. Drove on down to Tom Thumb for my soft drink, where there was free parking available.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Driving down 30A today, I pulled in to Seaside to grab a soft drink from Modica Market. No parking was available, with many empty spots roped off for (I presume) valet parking. Drove on down to Tom Thumb for my soft drink, where there was free parking available.

Yes, the merchants will weigh in at some point, I'd expect. As well they should, they support Seaside year round, while the valet parking is seasonal.

I saw a number of people walking down 30A from Grayton towards Seaside. They weren't dressed like vacationers. We went into a restaurant in Seaside. There were several sweaty employees. Then it dawned on me. I asked if they had parked in the 283 lot and had to walk because the shuttle did a no show. Yep, that's what they said. Great way to start you work shift, walking in the heat from Grayton to Seaside and being tired and sweaty before you even start.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
With a lot of difficulty, we went to the Farmers Market this morning. The vendors are NOT happy. They weren't selling anything, and the ampitheatre was noticeably empty of people, way less than a typical weekend.

Meanwhile, Seaside has blocked off ALL of the public parking on the two streets north and south of the school. There are also 8 or so spots on the circle in front of the wine bar that are blocked off. And, the user-friendly tow-away signs remain in front of all the houses.

So, the only free public parking is on 30A and about 2/3 of the circle. I'm sorry, but a trip to the Farmers Market just shouldn't include $5 to park and another $3 to tip somebody to retrieve your car. Yeah, I'm a whiny local. But I promise you this, I spend WAY more money in Seaside over any 12 month period than a one-weekend vacationer. Farmers' Market, Sundog, Central Square, the Rep, B&A, Modica, Pizza and Taco Bar all see me regularly.

Hey Seaside, how about you block off some parking for the exclusive use of cars with a Walton County license plate?

foundobjex

Beach Comber
May 18, 2008
Clarification on parking...

Just out of curiosity, where will valet park the cars if Central Square is full? Will a portion of the Square be roped off?

Please note that Seaside town square is available for free parking....just as it has always been. The Valet parking station is in town square by the Regions Bank kiosk but valet parking is done by the valets off of town square.

If folks don't want valet parking just find a spot in Central Square for free and self park as you always have.

foundobjex

Beach Comber
May 18, 2008
There is actually a net of 112 additional parking spaces because all employees are no longer parking onsite. They are being shuttled back and forth to an off site parking lot since all businesses have grown and there are more employees and more employee vehicles. The merchants actually want to free up more parking for you our shoppers and guests......regardless of valet or not. Town square continues to be free self parking if you desire. Please help us small businesses spread the correct information. Thank you.

foundobjex

Beach Comber
May 18, 2008
With a lot of difficulty, we went to the Farmers Market this morning. The vendors are NOT happy. They weren't selling anything, and the ampitheatre was noticeably empty of people, way less than a typical weekend.

Meanwhile, Seaside has blocked off ALL of the public parking on the two streets north and south of the school. There are also 8 or so spots on the circle in front of the wine bar that are blocked off. And, the user-friendly tow-away signs remain in front of all the houses.

So, the only free public parking is on 30A and about 2/3 of the circle. I'm sorry, but a trip to the Farmers Market just shouldn't include $5 to park and another $3 to tip somebody to retrieve your car. Yeah, I'm a whiny local. But I promise you this, I spend WAY more money in Seaside over any 12 month period than a one-weekend vacationer. Farmers' Market, Sundog, Central Square, the Rep, B&A, Modica, Pizza and Taco Bar all see me regularly.

Hey Seaside, how about you block off some parking for the exclusive use of cars with a Walton County license plate?

I am a small merchant in Seaside. We want your business. YES there is more traffic and more cars and people because tourist bookings are way up. Town square parking continues to be free self parking with the exception of approximately six parking spots for drop off for valet. The valet parking has created 112 addl spots since the employee parking area is used for valet. Our wonderful employees (which have increased in numbers as well) are no being shuttled to and from an off site lot. Valet is only an option. AND if ou purchase anything in Seaside for at least $10 you get the first two hours free for valet. AGAIN it is optional. I too as a local probably wouldn't care to valet. However if I came over from Destin, I bet I would. Get ready, ALL of 30-A is going to be congested this summer.....