• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

blakesl

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2009
I know this is an old thread. But Just FYI. We too had an experience at Seacrest Beach. We had 4 children under the age of 4, so we had a s tent and a few chairs. On day one we set our stuff in the back of the beach not wanting to get in the way of anyone, knowing we had a tent and 10 people. But unfortunately the chair company provided no room to get access to the beach. So the next morning we woke up early and decided to set-up much closer. They obviously had great issue with this. In keeping this story short: ->they called their boss-> who called security (who was ignorant, non-professional, and belligerent -a whole other story)-> who called the police. The disagreement was regarding private vs public beach and if we had the right to set-up our beach gear anywhere. The end conclusion, a very polite but annoyed deputy, explained to the security lady that anyone at the beach had the same rights of the beach rental company. He also had to educated her on the fact that the beach assess was private but not the beach. He also explained to her what was required to determined the property lines for private beach.

This was a very frustrating experience because of the way I was treated by the security lady. At one point she informed my 3 year old that the police was on their to handle this. I am sure the police have much more important issues to hand than where someone puts their chair during the day. We see this lady regularly when we are in town and I literally get sick to my stomach when I see her.

We did not fault the young men working for the company they initially spread the chairs and umbrellas. They were both polite and courteous, they even help us move our stuff and kids trying to make this arrangement work. But moved them back after the owner of the company demanded that they do so.

We are getting ready to head into town again and I am hoping this does not become an issue again. We no longer travel with a tent, but now we need to be able to see the children while playing :)

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
blssls this must have been a yr or more ago. so what did the deputy say was needed to prove the property line? i'm sure to be legal it must be a survey daily. none of this is enforceable.in my area we also have a condo that trys to enforce private and i'll say 99% of renters obide by it as its only a few yards to the east off board walk so no big deal. but I never abide an the lifeguards always come up and ask me to leave then they walk when I say no