• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

angelo488

Beach Comber
Jan 23, 2013
Santa Rosa Beach
I'm trying to do some research on summer camps for kids in the area and not having much luck. I'm also looking for suggestions of short term over-night camps that may be fairly close (no more than a few hours away) Does anyone have any info? I'm not very happy with where we are sending our daughter right now. It's basically daycare, which isn't what I thought it would be, so we need to at least throw in a few weeks here and there of something more exciting and fun. Thanks for any help you can give!

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Daily elementary & middle school level camps are about to begin at South Walton Montessori Academy, and it's not to late to sign up! These camps are also open to all children ages 6-12; your child does not need to be enrolled at SWMA to attend. The upcoming camp dates for June are below, and please continue reading for more details about each camp.

June 10 - 14: Arts & Crafts Camp with Ms. Carol; 9:00 - 2:00 daily; $225.
June 17 - 21: Science Camp with Mr. David & Ms. Carol; 9:00 - 12:00 daily; $210.
June 24 - 28: Drama Camp with Mr David; 9:00 - 12:00 daily; $200.

2013 Arts & Crafts Camps:
For the budding Picassos and O'Keeffes, come explore arts & crafts with SWMA's art teacher, Ms. Carol! Your child will love exploring different artists and their styles, and creating awesome art based on the methods of the artists we study. We'll also investigate traditional folk crafts from around the world, and learn fun techniques to create and decorate useful objects. Both weeks your child will come home with several unique and fun masterpieces of their own creation! Each child should bring a lunch, water bottle, and oversized shirt/smock to protect their clothing each day. This camp will also be held July 22 - 26. Please contact Carol Gagliardi at carolg@southwaltonmontessori.com or 850-543-3387 for more information.

2013 Science Camp:
Mr. David and Ms. Carol are excited to offer a week of Science Camp! Please join us on a new adventure each day as we snap, crackle, & pop! our way through the wonderful world of physical sciences. We will develop theories and perform cool experiments, all while learning about properties of the natural world, and having lots of fun! Please contact David Hopkins at davidh@southwaltonmontessori.com, 850-865-2703, or Carol Gagliardi at carolg@southwaltonmontessori.com, 850-543-3387 with any questions, or to enroll your child(ren).

2013 Drama Camps:
Join Mr. David for a week of fun, theatre and film this summer! Learn about how to create your own short films, improve acting and improv skills, stage make up, and theatre history. At this time, there is not a 3-6 year old camp planned, but if there is enough interest, he will plan one. This camp is open to any children in South Walton who are eager to learn about theatre. 5 child minimum requirement to make this camp happen. Invite your friends! Please contact David Hopkins at davidh@southwaltonmontessori.com, or 850-865-2703.

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Camp o the Pines is a great camp for kids too, daughter loves going there!

There is also a Blue Lake Camp in Andalusia AL. I don't have any experience with it.