• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seafun

Beach Comber
Could the realtors that frequent this forum weigh in on the SoWal market? Specifically, what types of properties are selling; condos, single family, new builds, resales, etc? And which properties are sitting? Which communities are hot; which are not?

Any interesting details on where SoWal stacks up with other second home resort type markets nationally?

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I think the simple fact no agents replied to your post in over 11 days tells you a little about the market. When we are busy we spend a lot of time on the computer so we tend to be scarce on sites when things heat up. The Sowal market is HOT. Especially, the 30A area. I have recently noticed North of 98 seems to be heating up as well. Right now, the hot stuff seems to be vacant land. Builders are everywhere looking for deals to spec on. I have also noticed that things are still somewhat price driven and every area has it's peak price. In order to have a complete picture of what I am talking about please feel free to call and I will gladly explain. It's Saturday, which is like a Monday in an agents world and I am off to work. Busy, busy, busy.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
I'm not a relator but I track the mkt weekly for the last 4 yrs on whats sold to what people before paid. What I've noticed
incredibly is a few things. Many places in watercolor,rosemary and even seaside are back near all time high prices. A place
in alys beach for possibly a record $2400 a square foot in alys beach. Alys beach was a ghost town 2 1/2 yrs ago.Even
watercolor phase 4 has gone crazy has places that were 400k 2 yrs ago are selling for 650k and some houses have sold for
800k.But on the other side places like lakeside at blue mountain were lots hit 450k and fell to 35k and only back to 80k.it seems the really high end areas came screaming back and the lower end areas still 50-60% off bubble highs

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
yes franny all areas are screaming but the pricing of the higher end like watercolor is back near all time high prices were the middle areas or lower areas are still 50-60% off highs.i know as in 2010 I paid about 30 cent on the $ and right now I can make 60% profit but its still 45% off highs