• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
...as long as they agree with your opinion. There is nothing here about "bad manners". The point of discussion was Jill/jodiFl defending unacceptable behavior in the workplace by accepting poor service and rewarding bad behavior. Nothing "fallacious" about not accepting poor service and there was nothing in the original post that stated I had experienced poor service. You really need to stay focused on the original point of discussion. But calling names is a "cheap" shot and that is "bad manners = not cool" but I guess that is ok because it agrees with your point. And Fishhead I am not the one who made the original comment about "jumping ship for a dollar". I believe that was an owner. And why shouldn't that owner expect some loyallty? And Teresa is proposing that the solution is to "just leave if the service is bad". That goes right back to accepting poor behavior and at the same time penalizes the restaurant. Not going to do that.

Sorry guys your retorts are not worthy of further discussion if you are not going to stay focused on the original premise. Weak responses! And Teresa you are supposed to be a journalist?

I enjoy reading all different opinions and learn much from them along with many other SoWal readers. Everyone has their own experience and perspective and everyone is correct.. unless they demean others in the process. Please try to communicate with respect or find another forum more suitable for your taste.

lifeatthebeach

Beach Crab
Mar 28, 2013
So I guess you enjoyed reading.....

I enjoy reading all different opinions and learn much from them along with many other SoWal readers. Everyone has their own experience and perspective and everyone is correct.. unless they demean others in the process. Please try to communicate with respect or find another forum more suitable for your taste.

LuciferSam's moronic post above. :eek: And that's not demeaning??!! I'm beginning to believe your "legend" status is going to your head and clouding your objectivity:dunno:. I promise I will not demean myself with another response to you. :razz:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
LuciferSam's moronic post above. :eek: And that's not demeaning??!! I'm beginning to believe your "legend" status is going to your head and clouding your objectivity:dunno:. I promise I will not demean myself with another response to you. :razz:

LuciferSam is at least entertaining and no he doesn't demean other posters unless provoked so be warned ... We just ask for common courtesy and respect for others. Sometimes it takes practice.

Last edited:

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal

Is your post an April fools joke?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I can't figure out de meaning of her post either...

faygdknight

Beach Crab
Jun 15, 2013
Santa Monica, CA
Tipping is very much still at the customer's discretion. A reward for good service. So, nobody else gets tipped unless they are doing something special to deserve it, like manual labor or an extra errand, or giving me some sort of special treatment. That's why it's annoying how this culture is held hostage by guilt when it comes to tipping. The pay should be worked out with their employers or the state not the patrons.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Tipping is very much still at the customer's discretion. A reward for good service. So, nobody else gets tipped unless they are doing something special to deserve it, like manual labor or an extra errand, or giving me some sort of special treatment. That's why it's annoying how this culture is held hostage by guilt when it comes to tipping. The pay should be worked out with their employers or the state not the patrons.

It is not "guilt", it is common decency. A tip is for good service and caring by the server. I can count on one hand the number of times I have been treated rudely or blown off by a server here in SoWal. Servers have a very difficult and challenging job. They deserve what they get. "The pay should be worked out with their employers or the state not the patrons." is pure bull crap! I'm glad I'll never have the displeasure of waiting on you.