• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
We went in the other night and ordered corned beef and cabbage. They didn't have it. Ordered something else. They didn't have it. Ended up with pizza. Draw your own conclusions.
So tasty that that can't keep it in stock? I actually prefer a place that will occasionally run out of an item rather than always have it available. Makes me think there is a chance that it is fresher when they do have said item.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
A friend and I stopped in for lunch today and all I can say was WOW!!!!! The philly cheesesteak was awesome. The service was great and I just loved the pub atmosphere. Can't wait for my next visit! :clap:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Johnny's is still rocking. Despite the terrible towel on the wall they've become a Saints bar, who knew there was Irish in Nawlins!

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Went on Saturday for a quick bite. And it was delicious. The cheese steak and the French Dip. Can't wait to have the Reuben. Great service. See ya after Christmas.

Go Saints!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
The burgers are great - thick, juicy, and I actually got it medium rare - not overcooked like so many places!

And I love the foosball table - schooled some fellow Sowallers! :cool:

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
Wow....Not impressed. I never like to bad mouth a local establishment, but as a local, I feel compelled spread the word about McTighe's. We had an awful experience. We waited for two hours, on table that smelled like dirty dish rag, for food that was not good. Our glasses were empty and never refilled. Our server was pleasant, and on her behalf, seemed to be hogtied by a slow kitchen. She was working the whole place...which only consists of 5 or 6 booths which were pretty much empty. I love a good pub, but this place is NOT a good pub. If all you want is a beer, this place may be for you. I think that spot could be good and we need late night dives around here, but whoever the manager is, is not doing his job. McTighe's is just gross. We'll certainly never go back. Sorry for the bad review, but this one deserved it.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I live across 30A from it and couldn't agree more. We tried twice to eat there and both times it was a disaster. As you say, it might be a good place to drink beer. However, I prefer Nick's where the bartenders are both pretty and friendly.