• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
The other night a neighbor of mine was riding home, heading west on 30A towards 395 when he saw a scooter with two people on it towing a burley (like you see behind bikes) with a small child in it. Go figure! :bang:

And then there is the family of renters in my neighborhood who piled their beach gear AND several kids the metal carrier attached to the back of the car on the trailor hitch.:banging:

It's only a matter of time--I have seen kids of 10-12 driving golf carts and street legal carts in my neighborhood and on 30A. And very few passengers of the street legal carts had seat belts on.

Those of us who live here just scratch our heads and hope that there is not a tragic accident this summer. I dread 4th of July week.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
The other night a neighbor of mine was riding home, heading west on 30A towards 395 when he saw a scooter with two people on it towing a burley (like you see behind bikes) with a small child in it. Go figure! :bang:

And then there is the family of renters in my neighborhood who piled their beach gear AND several kids the metal carrier attached to the back of the car on the trailor hitch.:banging:

It's only a matter of time--I have seen kids of 10-12 driving golf carts and street legal carts in my neighborhood and on 30A. And very few passengers of the street legal carts had seat belts on.

Those of us who live here just scratch our heads and hope that there is not a tragic accident this summer. I dread 4th of July week.

I saw 2 dudes riding around on the top of the walls of a pickup truck box yesterday. I was like, "That's dangerous." Then I saw their little daughter's head pop up. She was riding in the back, too.

10 year olds driving golf carts? Meh. That's nothing! Over where I live, "Gramps" is in the BACK SEAT with a 6 or 7 year old driving one of those jumbo carts that seats 6-8.

I watch the patterns and notice people. They rent carts for fun. (Heck, they are fun.) But, basically what is happening is that they are coming out to the already overtaxed infrastructure for joy rides. One family had a suped up golf cart that could go so fast it would almost pop up on 2 wheels going around the corners. 40 year old people just having fun on our roads. Grown men and women flying around 30-A for the fun of it... with their solo cup...

I hate to be a grouch. I live here because it is fun. But, there is a go-kart track in Destin.

PS. The burley behind a scooter is appalling. Do they know what would happen if they hit a bump on 395?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
You're so SoWal if you have common sense and use it when so many others do not.