• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Black Water

Beach Crab
Feb 16, 2012
Question for the locals: my wife and I just relocated to Blue Mountain. While it may seem silly, I was curious if we can use Blue Mountain Beach as our city for the mailing address? It has a much more local flair than Santa Rosa Beach. Thanks for the help!

Edit - obviously our new drivers licenses say SRB; I'm thinking about when relatives and friends send us mail.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
As long as you use the 32459 zip code,either one is ok.I've used both at different.I'm not local,send mail there often.

OMG! You have it easy where you are. I think I'm correct in saying that your address is Santa Rosa Beach, just as ours was when we lived in Seagrove. But I think that everyone from Seacrest to Rosemary has a mailing address in Panama City Beach.

This I know. We built a home in Watersound. Our mailing address is Watersound, FL 32461, but our address for deliveries from UPS/FedEx/etc. is Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459. It is so confusing. But we love living there, so no problem once we've gotten used to it.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
It might have more local flair but the correct mailing address is SRB. Dont be surprised if mail doesnt arrive in a timely manner.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
That's OK we live in Seacrest and this subject is a huge pet peeve of mine. We do NOT live in Seacrest Beach the rental community near Rosemary. I knew there would be a problem as soon as that neighborhood was given that name. People don't even know where Seacrest is anymore because everyone including the county came through with those big monster signs and branded every neighborhood with the word "beach". And to make matters even worse our county took the old signs away! We are always missed now on signs, maps, etc. and realtors descriptions on property are usually wrong too so it's no wonder our visitors get confused because marketing people get it wrong most of the time. I emailed a company not long ago because we were missed on a map but when Seacrest Beach was there the marketing person said people want to know that because there are shops located there. But Pt. Washington was listed and I don't think there are shops and galleries there. He had an answer for everything alright but his map was incorrect. And to confuse things even more our mailing address is Panama City Beach only because that is where our post office is located. I got in touch with a realtor I know recently because he had a property listed in my neighborhood with the wrong address and his reply to me was that people don't really care but I certainly do because I LIVE THERE and you got it wrong! And lastly, I picked up a publication yesterday and every single ad for a rental property in Seacrest was listed with the wrong address and some were actually listed in Seagrove Beach. When people read incorrect information it only perpetuates the error and no one knows where the heck I live!!!!!!!!!!

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
That address may be more fun, but it will cause a great deal of trouble for your friends and relatives using it because computers do not recognize it as correct. Shipping is the main problem, mail will eventually reach you.

Bear in mind that our local postal system is horrible on a good day, and the general postal system continues to decline, so anything that possibly adds a complication or requires thought or effort just reduces the chance you will receive it.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I live on the east end of 30a. Mail has been delivered using Panama City Beach, Seacrest, and Camp Creek and has always arrived when 32413 is used.