• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It is past due for septic tanks near wetlands, lakes, streams, creeks, Bay and the Gulf in SoWal to be removed! Seems like a good use of BP funds.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
It's hard for me to believe the local health department has let this go on for this long,surely they were aware of this.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Kurt, I could not agree more... poor water quality at Grayton and it kills me when I see all these small kids swimming in the lake and Gulf! LJ.......

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I have never understood the property owner that is fortunate enough to have secured a little piece of heaven only to crap in it! Secondly, I have never understood why our civic leaders can not say no to developers and businesses that crap in it and then make money off it. This may be simple minded thinking but I think we must learn how to keep things simple- you can use it but if you abuse it you will lose it...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Nothing ever happens to fix this problem because it has been cloaked in the personal property rights argument.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Anyone have knowledge of septic tanks removed from beaches? As far as I know they were not removed just covered up with sand after storms.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
A dozen or so projects were just approved for BP Restore Act funds - millions of dollars benefiting our environment, citizens and tourists. If none of those funds are going towards removing septic tanks, the least we can do is require septic tank owners remove their septic tanks from places where unsuspecting tourists are being poisoned. No doubt many of these septic tank owners are making a lot of money renting to tourists. The same tourists they are poisoning.

SHAME ON YOU and Walton County for not acting!