• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wekick

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2005
Wuchie,hope you haven't taken Bob's advice about Paducah to Nashvile.I-24 is nothing less than a nightmare lately road construction for miles and as much as two to three hour delays.wish I had seen this before tonight.Take Luvthebeach's advise.

Yes I would definitely consider traffic. Traffic.com will give you some indication if you can check when you get near to the area. You have to balance adding drive time through back roads vs possible delays if speed is the object. If they are not working you can get through construction quicker. We prefer the back roads when possible just because they are interesting. We used to take hiway 7 around Nashville. Last time we took that they had "improved" it quite a bit and some of the pretty views are gone.

Sorry did not know there was construction. I used that route a lot back in the day. Hated 64 because of the miles and miles of open highway and I do most of my travels at night.

Sometimes to avoid the monotony of 64-57, in the daytime we take 55S and cross at Chester and take hiway 3 south and cross over to 24 through Anna. It can take about the same amount of time as 64/57.