• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The old menu was disgusting and was going to drive the place out of business.Can't believe anyone liked it.

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Bring back the old menu! Food was great & prices were reasonable. Loved the spinach salad with polenta. Now the only thing fit to eat is the pina colada.

If I wanted to pay a fortune for bad food, I could go to Cafe 30-A. :p

WOW - we eat at Cafe 30A at least twice a month year round. Consistent quality food and service. Blasting them for perhaps a bad experience is a bit bush league. REALLY...

iloveflorida

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2011
Santa Rosa Beach
Glad you like it. Not my cup of tea.

I started this thread and wanted to make a few comments on the post.

No disrespect to George at all. I am sure his food is great. I ate at Smiling Fish all the time and was happy.

A couple said the old food was horrible...that is just not right.

I loved the Reuben, shrimp and grits, seafood nachos and the gumbo was great. My kids loved everything on the kiddie menu.

What we like more than the food was the environment...beach views, sports and we even had a waitress that we called in advance for every time. Service, views, food and atmosphere. We LOVED it and ate there literally 2 times a week since its opening.

The prices and type of food is not as "MY Family" friendly. Other families may love it. Just wanted to make that point.

As for the same poster that always argues with me and everyone else and whom I think is narrow minded and probably just bored since they post on every topic...

I have answered what I missed. The cut rate price thing I don't understand and Johnny McTighes and Shades do very well...so no need to knock them either. I think that Johnny puts out some of the best product on 30-A. I have already stated I don't want Hamburgers and beer. I like gumbo and a nice wine or a Reuben and beer while watching the game with many of my local friends who also feel the same way. To expensive is not the issue. see above reasons. I could give a damn about how the kitchen looked. Not my fault...owner and mgmt.'s fault. Regime is a little absurd to say.

I was just stating I missed the old menu. There was nothing on 30-A truly comparable with the views. I am sure all will agree.

George I hope to meet you some day but from my post I do not think I have attacked the new mgmt. or restaurant. Just miss the old menu. Enough said. Love 30-A love its people love living in paradise. Hope to see you all soon. I am tired of typing and will not check for errors and grammar. Please and you know who you are don't attack me for "lack of education" or "bad taste" or whatever.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this thread is the only place I have ever heard anyone say anything positive about the old menu. (Who wasn't being paid to do so.)

iloveflorida

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2011
Santa Rosa Beach
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this thread is the only place I have ever heard anyone say anything positive about the old menu. (Who wasn't being paid to do so.)

I am a consumer and not a poster. I have had this conversation with no less than ten people who agree with me. If I have had thus conversation with 10 of my friends then the sample size is large enough to be concerned about zebra

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I am a consumer and not a poster. I have had this conversation with no less than ten people who agree with me. If I have had thus conversation with 10 of my friends then the sample size is large enough to be concerned about zebra

I only argue when I know what I'm talking about. If you want a bigger sample, here you go: http://www.yelp.com/biz/whiskey-bravo-santa-rosa-beach

As far as gumbo goes, I'm with you-but I can tell you, under the old regime, I ordered a bowl (the date was whenever the Saints and 49ers played in 2012) and it came out being really awful, with the crowning glory of al dente Minute Rice on top, obviously intended it to cook in the hot liquid. Place was awful.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Is there anything about the "new improved" WB that sets it apart from other restaurants in the area? It sounds like the old WB was an inexpensive way to get a nice view, nice atmosphere, and decent food if you liked it. Restaurants like that are hard to come by in the area. On the other hand, there are lots of expensive restaurants in the area that have good food, so I'm not sure what niche the new WB fills. Sounds like there is nothing unique about it. I'm not sure if being better than it used to be makes up for off-putting price increases nor am I sure it brings something to the area that you can't get elsewhere. An ocean view hangout with a relaxed atmosphere, for the budget conscious sounds quite appealing. I couldn't care less about the gumbo.