• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chrcloe

Beach Crab
Aug 2, 2013
Hi- We have been down to the 30a area before and are contemplating a family vacation meetup in Rosemary Beach the week of thanksgiving. Since that will require convincing multiple family members to make the trip, how can I make my case? What can we expect weather wise that time of year? Is the beach out of the question? What activities are available? Are restaurants open?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
The weather is usually very nice at that time of year. You can check some weather stations online to see what the average temps are. I think the ocean would be too cold except for the very brave so if family wants to swim you'd do well at Rosemary Beach because they probably have heated pools (you should confirm that the pools will be heated). I think it would be a wonderful family vacation. Lots of places to bike, walk, the beach, all within easy walking distance, nice weather (especially appreciated if you're from the north), great casual and fancy restaurants, and more.

Florida Fever

Beach Comber
Jun 7, 2012
We visited last year for Thanksgiving week. Weather was super! We were able to wear shorts and tshirts the entire week and went to the beach every day. The water was too cold for me to get in higher than my waist but the kids braved it. I think the water temo was about 68 degrees. Best part...eating Thanksgiving Dinner and heading to the beach for the reat od the day. What more could a person ask for the last week in November :)

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
actually thanksgiving week is very crowded as many owners come down but outside a few snow birds I've seen few people swimming over the yrs

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
This was Turky Day 2012. We had a late Thanksgiving lunch because the fishing was too good!! Its always a risk with the weather in late November but we'll be there this T'day like the last 10 or so years.

Thanksgiving  day 2012.jpg

Here's an interesting link. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/santa-rosa-beach-fl/32459/november-weather/2245252#

We've owned a home in SRB since 2002. Normally when we've celebrated Thanksgiving there, the weather has been warm during the day -- too warm for a sweater. Kids enjoy playing in the Gulf (I'm cold natured). You might want to consider renting a home with a private, heated pool. There are lots of that type accommodation available. Just go to vrbo.com and search.

It's so nice being in South Walton during Thanksgiving week. Lots of families are there, so it's a great atmosphere.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
We were there this past thanksgiving and it was my favorite time of year to be there. We ran a race in rosemary thanksgiving morning and went to the lighting of the Christmas tree the next day. Such a great time of year for extended bike rides and throwing a football on the beach. Sunsets were incredible.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
What could be better thanThanksgiving at the beach?The year we were there,it seemed like everyone was in a thanksgiving kind of mood,strangers didn't seem like strangers,people speaking to each other,was a wonderful holiday.