• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

luckylady

Beach Comber
Jun 18, 2013
This might be old news on this forum, but we had not been to the 30A area in 2 years. We were shocked by the golf cart presence in the area. Our first glimpse was when we were driving in and were in the stretch by Watersound when we were stuck in a long line of cars. When we finally got to the head of the line, we were astounded to see 4 older adults cruising down 30A in their golf cart! My husband was furious. In the Seaside/Watercolor area, we could not believe the trucks dropping off golf carts. And probably the most horrendous were the multiple numbers of families driving around with infants and toddlers on laps in the golf carts. It practically made me sick to see this, and my husband had to almost hold me back when I wanted to ask a well-dressed, apparently affluent women if she would drive around in her SUV with her infant in her lap. Then don't get me started about the kids driving around Seaside in golf carts! What happened to bikes!? My husband refused to budge off the FOOTpath on the way to the tennis courts when two sr. citizens tried to drive in their golf cart. Aaargh. I've vented.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Yes, it is a scourge. You are not the first visitor that has been turned off by the golf carts in SoWal.

Beachberbs

Beach Lover
May 24, 2008
I have noticed a lot more golf carts on 30A this summer. More than in years past. It is very annoying when the golf carts can't do the speed limit. We aren't all on vacation here. Some of us are trying to get to work, appointments, etc. OK now I've vented too!

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Well, I've solved the problem of overcrowding tourists, golf cart infestation and the Publix shelves picked clean for myself. I decided to move out of SOWAL and will be gone as of this weekend.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
Curious how the various 30A condominium associations are handling the recharging of golf carts on condominium property. Outside electric outlets are part of the common area element which means that the cost of that electric is shared by all homeowners, whether the golf cart being recharged is theirs or not.

I would not want to have to pay my share of the electric for someone else's golf cart.

Maybe the associations could levy a fee to each golf cart parked on the property...

Junonia

Beach Comber
Feb 24, 2007
Always on Vacation
Well, I've solved the problem of overcrowding tourists, golf cart infestation and the Publix shelves picked clean for myself. I decided to move out of SOWAL and will be gone as of this weekend.
We left last November. Currently here visiting and remain happy with our decision. This area remains one of the most beautiful places we have ever been but it got way too crowded for us. Life is about change.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
What about some of us who have been here for decades...? Basically invested our lives into what we thought would remain a special place... frustrating...

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is still a special place and always will be. Some don't know what "frustrating" really is. Yes, it has changed in many ways since we bought here in 1991 but some of those changes have been for the better. Enjoy the good, ignore the bad and be thankful you live in one of the best places on this planet.