• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MarthaNell

Beach Crab
Aug 2, 2013
We will be staying at Seacrest in September. My husband is disabled and used a walker. Are there any beach access area with ramps?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Inlet beach is close to Seacrest (about one mile). Just go to the corner of 30A just past Rosemary Beach, turn right onto 98, and the street that takes you to the Inlet Beach public access is on one of the side streets on the right around 1/4-1/2 mile away. There's a sign. Go down that street and there will be some parking spaces, a bathroom that I think would be handicap accessible (but I don't know for sure), and a ramp that goes to a small beach. We like going there because of the bathrooms and it's a quiet beach. We used that beach last summer because my foot was in a cast. Some people on this site know how you can get a beach-friendly wheelchair.

MarthaNell

Beach Crab
Aug 2, 2013
Thanks so much for the information! If anyone knows how to rent a beach wheel chair please let me know.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
There are places in inlet beach where you can drive right up to the sand at a public access. Some other places in South Walton you can do the same... but the property rights might differ. Beachfront Trail comes to mind. The lighthouse in Seaside is all sand and no steps.

Bramble Grove in Seagrove has a huge ramp. It's amazing, and designed for disabled access.

TimeIsFree

Beach Lover
Sep 25, 2008
Another place to check out would be Camp Helen State park, just east of the Inlet Beach access. They are ADA compliant and will take you and the hubby on a golf cart ride thru the live oaks, dunes, and out to the beach at this fantastic park. And it free with your $3 per vehicle admission!

And if you have the beach chair, take the awesomely long boardwalk across the dunes at Deer Lake State Park. They have a nice ramp down to the beach.

We love visiting both of these park each time we visit.

Happy beach trails!