• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Goat Feathers (Blue Mountain or Seagrove) and Shrimpers. Those are my three go to places if I don't catch it myself.

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
I just ate fresh cooked grouper and (sushi actually -yellowfin) tuna I got from Goatfeathers Seagrove today. I couldn't have eaten better at any restaurant very fresh and no fishy odors.

Beachberbs

Beach Lover
May 24, 2008
Gotten shrimp from both Buddy's and Goatfeathers in Seagrove and we think Goatfeathers is much better.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Buddy's is great, just kind of a drive if you're on 30A. Worth it though if the others are out or don't have what you want.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We love to stop in at Goatfeathers in Seagrove Beach or Blue Mountain Beach for fresh seafood whenever possible. Great, fresh seafood is expensive though...

If shopping for shrimp at Publix, I just get the bag of frozen, to use when making chowder or pasta dishes. I've picked up fresh shrimp there, but with very mixed results.

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Most of shrimp we see fresh at the likes of goatfeathers ( and I buy it at BMB all the time)
Has been frozen since shrimp boats now stay out for days and actually arrive on shore frozen. So yes of frozen Publix is USA wild its fine and is cheaper. Costco same product usually Thailand.
Be careful.

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
I've actually gotten really good shrimp at Publix but you have to ask some questions and have a decent fishmonger available. Some are honest - some don't care.
It also depends on the season - when they are getting a lot in and selling a lot to keep it fresh