• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Last edited:

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
bobby whats your opinion on sowal real estate? Were 2 yrs off the bottom and i'm speechless as places like watersound west and watercolor phase 4 are up almost 100% and even natures walk are hitting $280 a square foot. people are flipping like crazy again and many areas like watersound and watercolor people who bought at the top of the bubble are getting there money back.This is looking like another bubble but do you think theres another 2 yrs of upside? what are seeing on the ground?

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
bobby whats your opinion on sowal real estate? Were 2 yrs off the bottom and i'm speechless as places like watersound west and watercolor phase 4 are up almost 100% and even natures walk are hitting $280 a square foot. people are flipping like crazy again and many areas like watersound and watercolor people who bought at the top of the bubble are getting there money back.This is looking like another bubble but do you think theres another 2 yrs of upside? what are seeing on the ground?

I think we are more then 2 years off the bottom. The oil spill really messed us up and created tremendous pent up demand. Buyers were biting on the bit during the oil spill. That year we were on track to have the biggest year since 2005. So... Lets just say we are 4 years off the real bottom. Again, I want to be clear we are talking 30A Market here. RE is too local in nature for everyone to think I am talking about the entire RE market. It changes by the mile. Is it a bubble? I don't think so. I think the market has just been adjusting to the over correction. The buyers these days are solid and 75% cash buyers. I think when the market slides back again, you won't see the mass exodus we saw in 2006-2008. This buyer seems to be much more stable and will wait it out. You won't see the race to lower prices. Do we have 2 years of upside? Yes. Actually, I have noted we tend to run in 7 year market burst along 30A. I think we have been improving since 2008. The oil spill messed up our recovery and I would say we should have 2-3 years of uptick. Inventory is too low for the market to freeze up right now. We should all still operate from a conservative place though. You just never know. I am shocked as you over these price jumps but after a year in California where I was showing homes built in 1970 with 1900 sq. feet for $895,000, I realized we were actually way under value here. I hope some of this rambling helps and feel free to call to discuss. Its hard some times to get a point across while eating breakfast, on my phone, and playing catch with my son! Hahahaha :D

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
If this is any sign of what's going on in the market, someone just emailed me today through VRBO asking if I was interested in selling either of my cottages at the Cottages at Camp Creek because they're interested in buying. So, definitely looks like people are in the buying mood. But I'm not selling our little piece of paradise - ever...

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
..... Again, I want to be clear we are talking 30A Market here. RE is too local in nature for everyone to think I am talking about the entire RE market. It changes by the mile. ....... but after a year in California where I was showing homes built in 1970 with 1900 sq. feet for $895,000, I realized we were actually way under value here.

You seem like a good realtor with good judgement regarding the market. However, your comments above are clearly contradictory. "Real estate is local, local, local.....but, compared to somewhere else 3000 miles away we are undervalued".

I agree with you. RE is ultra, micro, local in nature. Just look at the price of a 2500 square foot home in Watercolor and one exact same distance from the beach sitting in the middle of Seagrove. Probably a 100% premium to be in Watercolor.

California real estate has absolutely no comparability to second home markets on the Florida gulf coast. Just like Aspen has no comparability to a luxury mountain community in North Carolina.

Glad business is good for you!

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
You seem like a good realtor with good judgement regarding the market. However, your comments above are clearly contradictory. "Real estate is local, local, local.....but, compared to somewhere else 3000 miles away we are undervalued".

I agree with you. RE is ultra, micro, local in nature. Just look at the price of a 2500 square foot home in Watercolor and one exact same distance from the beach sitting in the middle of Seagrove. Probably a 100% premium to be in Watercolor.

California real estate has absolutely no comparability to second home markets on the Florida gulf coast. Just like Aspen has no comparability to a luxury mountain community in North Carolina.

Glad business is good for you!

Very good point Homeboy. Not sure why I tied those two together like that. Not a very clear point. I guess I should have read what I wrote. I think I was trying to tie something together in my brain in regards to values in general.

Who knows. Feel free to stop by the office any time if you ever want an over view of the "local" market. BTW, I have a California Real estate license as well as a Florida real estate license so I think that's why I brought that up.

DebbieJames

Beach Lover
Feb 20, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
And as a side note...the east end of 30A, (283 to Rosemary) will cost you 53% more than the west end of 30A! Cross the line from Grayton and it will cost 53% more! I charted the price per sq ft.