• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Not everyone in Sowal is dependent on the turdist cash cow. I personally wouldn't miss any of them if they vanished....

Stating that, just because you're on vacation doesn't give you royal rights to do as you please. Courtesy and consideration for others should be given REGARDLESS of your holiday status.

Most turdist are very well behaved and polite, but there are a few of them that think their poop don't stink. For those, I would be happy to provide them maps and a swift kick to Galveston and their beaches....

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
There is no excuse for people behaving badly but most people visiting are just like you and I. To enjoy the area and treat it with respect. Stores will be busy at certain hours and anyone who is not narrow minded can shop in comfort at off times. 30A is not owned by "a chosen few locals" although I see that mindset by people born in the area and once prior visitors buy property with money earned elsewhere and become locals.

Mightyern

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
I hated that I HAD to go to Publix yesterday. It was the worst shopping experience there ever! Even the staff was bad.

A tourist stole my cheese at the deli!!!!!!!!

JOL

Beach Comber
May 31, 2012
Not everyone in Sowal is dependent on the turdist cash cow. I personally wouldn't miss any of them if they vanished....

Stating that, just because you're on vacation doesn't give you royal rights to do as you please. Courtesy and consideration for others should be given REGARDLESS of your holiday status.

Most turdist are very well behaved and polite, but there are a few of them that think their poop don't stink. For those, I would be happy to provide them maps and a swift kick to Galveston and their beaches....

I find it a little difficult to take your comments seriously regarding courtesy and consideration when you equate visitors with fecal matter. I presume you are not suggesting that we follow you as an example of how to be polite.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
I find it a little difficult to take your comments seriously regarding courtesy and consideration when you equate visitors with fecal matter. I presume you are not suggesting that we follow you as an example of how to be polite.

lighten up Jolau....geesh.. Two whole posts and your an authority on me. LOL... You must be one of those turdist that I was talking about. Don't like it....Go back to the big city....

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Slow down....

Last edited by a moderator:

JOL

Beach Comber
May 31, 2012
lighten up Jolau....geesh.. Two whole posts and your an authority on me. LOL... You must be one of those turdist that I was talking about. Don't like it....Go back to the big city....

Thank you for specifically referring to me as fecal matter based upon my number of posts. I believe you have proven my point. I do not profess to be an authority on you, as I don't know you beyond the post on which I commented. This isn't about one needing to "lighten" up. It is simply about common decency in terms of how you have chosen to refer to an entire "class" of people, some of, if not most, you do not know.

As for the bigger picture, when I first came to the area approximately 30 years ago as a 15 year old who was hired by Bob and Linda White, who started Sun Dog Books, to move them from Jackson. MS, everything was still quite and comparatively speaking, crowd free. Over the last thirty years, the people who own the property have opted, good, bad or indifferent, to create, allow and facilitate the "growth" that has occurred. While this does not included every property owner (in the interest of full disclosure, I am not one - I'm simply a "turdist" as you so eloquently pointed out) it includes enough that this is where things are now as no one was forced to give up their property to accommodate the needs and or wishes of not like minded people.

So, what do you do? For starters, existing laws and ordinances ought to be enforced (golf carts, cyclist, vehicles, pedestrians, beach ordinances, etc.) irrespective of who you are or where you reside. This would eliminate so much of the behavior that is problematic. Locals, as hard as it may be having to deal with the negatives that come with choosing to live in a place where thousands of people choose to vacation, need to continuously set the example of how one should behave, honor and enjoy such a beautifully unique place. When it is all said and done, you have three choices: (1) stay, continue to be bitter, negative and ok with referring to people as fecal matter, (2) stay and take the high road and enjoy to the fullest extent possible that you are lucky enough to be somewhere so wonderful full time or (3) leave (seems like a harsh option, one that I do not suggest).

In the meantime, I'm going to keep coming and enjoying the entire area and all that it has to offer. Perhaps I might even be lucky enough to bump into you one day and we can have a beer or two and give you the opportunity to see how much of a "turdist" I really am or not.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012

Be careful Jolau there are a lot of Arkiehawg's on this site that find satisfaction in demeaning people rather than providing intellectual ( Arkiehawg ??!!) conversation. And we have a forum topic that bashes a grocery store! Come on!

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
This forum has its share of jokesters and for sure the original post is tongue in cheek but also with a dash of truth. Locals are always a little crazy at summers end. Cameras at pubilx would be very helpful for all to even out the shopping volume.

The over sensitivity and over reaction to silly posts are a bigger problem than any imaginary tourist bashhing. Lighten up Francis! I certainly don't see any "hate". Just ribbing.