• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
After reading these boards for years, we are finally making the big move this fall. I have a few questions for regulars in regards to area businesses and services...

- Is there a local bank you recommend? (a local or regional chain vs. national bank)

- What healthcare practitioners do you personally recommend? We need a family doc, gyn/women's health, optometrist, and dentist.

- I'm also rehabbing from a rogue running injury that created havoc in my mechanics, so if you know any talented physical therapists, massage therapists, or physical body miracle workers, I'd welcome those referrals too.

- Skilled person for women's haircuts?

- Any vibrant churches/places of worship?

- In regards to food, I've read about or visited For the Health of It, Mac Farms, and the Seaside Farmer's Market for fresh/local fare. Any other area farms or stores I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for sharing your advice and experiences!
We look forward to experiencing life as locals.

Last edited by a moderator:

mvy

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
Trustmark Bank

Family Physician: Dr. Jose Jimenez at Sacred Heart; optometrist: Dr. Lan O'Donnell on Mack Bayou Road; Dentist: Dr. O'Donnell also on Mack Bayou Road (husband and wife practice in the same building); ob/gyn: Dr. Melinda Graham, Sacred Heart

Church: Good News United Methodist Church on Highway 98 in Santa Rosa Beach

Groceries/Farmer's Markets: Publix is excellent Rosemary Beach Farmers Market, Sundays and Thursdays. There are also several in Panama City.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
The Fresh Market in Destin is as close to a Whole Foods as the area is likely to get any time soon.

There are a decent number of Asian specialty groceries in Ft. Walton Beach. Their produce can be a little hit or miss, but if you need specialty curry paste or dried tamarind or similar, you can find some fun stuff in those stores.

Stan Hall

Beach Lover
May 21, 2013
Trustmark Bank

Family Physician: Dr. Jose Jimenez at Sacred Heart; optometrist: Dr. Lan O'Donnell on Mack Bayou Road; Dentist: Dr. O'Donnell also on Mack Bayou Road (husband and wife practice in the same building); ob/gyn: Dr. Melinda Graham, Sacred Heart

Church: Good News United Methodist Church on Highway 98 in Santa Rosa Beach

Groceries/Farmer's Markets: Publix is excellent Rosemary Beach Farmers Market, Sundays and Thursdays. There are also several in Panama City.

Car buying service , Emerald Coast Motor Cars, hassle free delivery of the car of your choice to you door. Save a lot money and time. Many satisfied customers are glad they used this service. emeraldcoastmotorcars.com or 850 830 3083

The Window Guy

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Residential & Commercial
Window Tinting & Window Treatments
S.C. Designing, Inc. & Solar Sunsations, Inc.
850-687-0646
Steven J. Cobucci
Owner/Installer for over 25 years!

SAVE ON YOUR ENERGY BILLS WITH RESIDENTIAL WINDOW TINTING!!!!

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
For anyone moving to the area and stumbling on this thread looking for referrals, we were thrilled to find Carmel Hawkins, ARNP. The atmosphere in her office is very hospitable and rivals concierge medical offices in big cities. Along with her staff, she truly cares about people, about providing quality medicine tailored to a person (not a number or chart), and partnering with you to get you well. How refreshing! With her referral, we are also working with Dr. McKee, another great find who spends time with patients as people. We have hope again that solutions are ahead after a medically strange couple years. So thank you to the previous posts which lead us to these new docs!

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachBunnie

Beach Lover
Jan 29, 2010
There is a great fresh market/farmer's market in Seaside every Saturday. Best cuts of black Angus beef at Modica Market...best sweet tea in town too. Shaggy To Chic Do Grooming & Boutique for pet care located on 30A in Blue Mountain Beach. Mandy Adams at Beach Ready Spa in Seaside for hair.

Redd

Beach Fanatic
May 7, 2007
After reading these boards for years, we are finally making the big move this fall. I have a few questions for regulars in regards to area businesses and services...

- Is there a local bank you recommend? (a local or regional chain vs. national bank)

- What healthcare practitioners do you personally recommend? We need a family doc, gyn/women's health, optometrist, and dentist.

- I'm also rehabbing from a rogue running injury that created havoc in my mechanics, so if you know any talented physical therapists, massage therapists, or physical body miracle workers, I'd welcome those referrals too.

- Skilled person for women's haircuts?

- Any vibrant churches/places of worship?

- In regards to food, I've read about or visited For the Health of It, Mac Farms, and the Seaside Farmer's Market for fresh/local fare. Any other area farms or stores I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for sharing your advice and experiences!
We look forward to experiencing life as locals.

Welcome to the area ! Ashley at Salon Twist is another you will need lol