• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
I am glad you choose on a daily basis an activity like biking to stay healthy and active. I choose other activities, so I am not aware of or concerned about the laws or your rights when it comes to riding your bike on the narrow road that is 30A.

REALLY????

I am, however, concerned about your safety and the safety of my family and everyone else who enjoys 30a. On a daily basis, I have to choose to put many lives at risk when I go around you on a narrow road with poor visibility because you have chosen to ride in the street instead of the beautiful bike path that is provided to you.

IF YOU ARE SO CONCERNED, THEN SLOW DOWN AND WAIT TO PASS UNTIL ALL CLEAR. DON"T RISK ANY LIVES. DUH. THE BIKE PATH IS VERY DANGEROUS FOR AVID CYCLISTS RIDING AT 20 PLUS MILES PER HOUR. YOU DON"T BIKE SO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

I am a kind and gentle person and would be deeply affected if I hit you or cause a wreck that kills my children or someone else because you choose to ride in the narrow road that is 30a instead of the beautiful bike path that is provided to you. It is dangerous all the time, but especially dangerous during the high season.

OKAY KIND AND GENTLE PERSON. SLOW DOWN, WAIT TO PASS, NO WORRIES. YOU WILL NEVER HIT A BIKER IF YOU ARE KIND AND CONSIDERATE.

Could you please work with me and other drivers? I would really appreciate it. Sometimes I need to drive on 30a to get somewhere. I will do my part and use it only when necessary, though. Could you please do your part, make a good choice and use the beautiful bike path that is provided to you? Or find another road with a shoulder, or a nature bike path. If we both do our part, the lives of everyone traveling along the beautiful road that is 30a will be made much safer.

DRIVE ON 98 IF YOU NEED TO GO FAST TO GET SOMEWHERE. BIKE PATHS DO NOT WORK FOR CYCLISTS.

Thanks So Much and Happy Riding!!!!

What a totally ludicrous post. You have no clue.

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
I routinely have to navigate cyclists at times other than the early morning hours. And trust me, the delay is much longer than 30 seconds.

It is dangerous for you and everyone else who enjoys 30a when you choose to bike at anytime in the road. It is especially dangerous in the high season when there are tons of people crossing at the crosswalks and drivers are charged with trying to go around the bikers and watch the crosswalks and watch the cars coming in the opposite direction.

There is nothing in my post that is mean-spirited and the intention of this forum is for people to provide constructive feedback. If you are inclined to make personal attacks or be unkind, please keep your comments to yourself. Perhaps you should take a bike ride and cool off. Just do it on the beautiful bike path that is provided for you or find another road that is safer and allows you to bike at the pace you desire. It is not safe to bike on the narrow road that is 30a.

It's only dangerous when drivers of 2 plus ton pieces of machinery disregard the rules of the road. IF you obey the rules of the road and give bikers the legal margin, then there would be no danger to anyone.

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
Posers??? Sounds like someone that's jealous of folks that actually work hard to stay fit and healthy.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
I think it's actually spelled "poseur."

You would think, with Tiger Woods tearing his knee and Lance Armstrong being banned for life, that these über fads (mass affluent golf and silly cycling) would go down in flames. I guess I forgot to consider the shelf life of the equipment owned.

Jazzercise. "Just Do It."

kitabear

Beach Comber
Sep 3, 2008
I can understand that for there own safety and others, they can ride on the bike path. I do believe however that the main issue is that the shoulder of the roads need to be widened to accommodate cyclists better. As far as the next statement goes, it is not a broad definition of every bike rider but only some bike rider. It is very frustrating when 3-4 bike riders are riding side by side because it does make it a little more difficult to pass. The main thing that is frustrating is that I do understand the bike laws and I get frustrated when vehicles and bikers do not obey those laws. I truly believe the best way for there to be a resolution is to widen the road. As far as that goes, that would even help when an ambulance or fire truck come through and you need to pull over to get out of the way. As of right now there really isn't enough room on the road to do so. It is no fun to pull off the road into the grass and either get stuck because of all the rain or get a flat tire because there are nails and such in the grass.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Facts:
Drivers should slow down.
Riders have rights.
Healthy is good.

Overriding fatc:
County Road 30A is beautiful but narrow and congested, with rubbernecking tourists and angry locals. If you're not very smart, you might desire to bike it. To avoid biking it is common sense.

Don't be a 30ahole - find a less busy place to don the spandex.

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
Yes, add a Bike Lane!

I can understand that for there own safety and others, they can ride on the bike path. I do believe however that the main issue is that the shoulder of the roads need to be widened to accommodate cyclists better. As far as the next statement goes, it is not a broad definition of every bike rider but only some bike rider. It is very frustrating when 3-4 bike riders are riding side by side because it does make it a little more difficult to pass. The main thing that is frustrating is that I do understand the bike laws and I get frustrated when vehicles and bikers do not obey those laws. I truly believe the best way for there to be a resolution is to widen the road. As far as that goes, that would even help when an ambulance or fire truck come through and you need to pull over to get out of the way. As of right now there really isn't enough room on the road to do so. It is no fun to pull off the road into the grass and either get stuck because of all the rain or get a flat tire because there are nails and such in the grass.

Adding a bike lane to 30-A is a GRAYT idea. Just returned from SoWal. Lovely trip. Cycling always a big part of activities. Rode alone - on edge of 30-A as the pedestrian path was populated by walkers, joggers, joggers with strollers, beach bikes, golf carts. Also the path was covered over in sand in many spots. Sorry to report that some automobile drivers there were just plain hostile, slamming on the horn all the way by and some offering the one finger salute.