• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Hmmmm. We have a problem here and someone on this board can help direct us to who can help us. Someone has a home across the fence that has a very loud screechy motor going on and off constantly (non stop) and they must be out of town and don't know about it. I'm guessing it's an air conditioner or pool motor breaking down. Is there someone we can contact in town who can check in on this and get in touch with the owner? We don't know who the owner is. I think the owner will be happy to know a piece of equipment is broken, especially if it's causing damage in his/her home. Thanks.

Hello Paula,
I have a company that handles this type of situation.
My clienys are absentee homeowners that need their property checked while away. All appliances are checked and the client is notified of any issues with the property. I would have reported the noisey unit to the owner to have repaired before it became costly.
I can try to locate the owner to let them know about my services. I have a professional network of people to handle any situation that may arise.

Call me at 850-837-1290

You can also visit my website
www.EmeraldCoastierge.com

I am listed under the "business" tab on the Sowal homepage.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Laura

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
My advice would be to try to contact any other neighbors that might have the contact number of the absentee owner in question, then perhaps contact any realtors that are savvy with that area. They might can research the owner's contact numbers.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Paula will never be OLD! but she's been around here forever!

Happily I'm old enough to be thinking about spending more time in SoWal in 3 years or so and that makes me happy. I don't run, but I do spin and swim. And thanks all for your advice. I was hoping there was some town office that would look into this for now since it's a loud nuisance as well as a potential problem with damage to the owner's home. It's good to know about Laura's business.

Not to undercut EmeraldCoastierge, but you can go to www.qpublic.net/walton, search on your name or your LLC's name (however you listed the owner when you bought the property), click on your parcel, and then click on the parcel where the noise is coming from, and find the owner's name.

I might be needing your services, Laura. There are times when we need to let people into our beach home that we don't rent for the purpose of installing cabinets or pest control or whatever. Sometimes it is very inconvenient for us to drive down. It would be great to have someone to call upon to save us a trip. Great to know about your company!

And good luck, Paula.