• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
We relish every moment we spend there as visitors. When my dad first learned of seagrove in the late 60s the closest reasonably priced grocery was in Freeport thus we hauled all our food from home. Smoked turkey anyone? big night out was at sand flea in fort walton. I totally sympathize with your growth pains and thank you for preserving, as best you could,  one of the most beautiful places on earth. 

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
When I first moved here grocery shopping was a once a week thing. WinnDixie in Sandestin or Kellys in Freeport. I remember when Publix in Watercolor opened I went just about everyday just because I could! LOL

When I first moved here grocery shopping was a once a week thing. WinnDixie in Sandestin or Kellys in Freeport. I remember when Publix in Watercolor opened I went just about everyday just because I could! LOL
Me too! We went to Winn-Dixie in PCB by Carillon because it was the closest. We'd try to buy stuff for our entire visit. Then if we ran out of something we'd go to Tom Thumb or Modica.

The short drive to Publix is nice. I'm spoiled that I can just pop in whenever I want. Well, except during the summer and spring break. Then I do like I used to do at Winn-Dixie -- go to Tom Thumb or do without or plan the meals I cook around seafood from Goatfeathers (yum).

LA033

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2006
I remember having to drive from Inlet Beach to the Wynn Dixie at the "Y" and going to Carousal (sp?) in PCB. Brings back memories- Le Bleaus (sp? again) Cajun Kitchen popped into my head from the days of yore for some reason.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I remember having to drive from Inlet Beach to the Wynn Dixie at the "Y" and going to Carousal (sp?) in PCB. Brings back memories- Le Bleaus (sp? again) Cajun Kitchen popped into my head from the days of yore for some reason.
The thought of what was in all those hats scares me right now. But can still taste the ham and cream cheese omelette.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is my first post on here in probably a year or more. Good Lord, people. Live and let live. It's a beautiful beach community. I'm not a local, but I spend enough time down there to appreciate and accept the groove of the area. I really don't come much during the high tourist season, but even I know the best times to go to Publix at Inlet when it's not crowded. Lighten up, folks!

beachbarnacle

Beach Lover
Mar 15, 2013
As a resident/prisoner of the the land from which many of the Turdests originate... Texas. I would just like to say I would rather be trapped in publix on labor day than in Dallas staring out the window at burned up grass, no beaches within a days drive , blistering hot temperatures, and oh yes, a city jam packed with all the d-head turds you speak of. and we don't even have Publix here. I love Publix, I miss Publix. .. think I'm about to cry.