• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
After 17 years of making some of the most delicious deli sandwiches, salads, dips (especially the smoked tuna!), Mike has sold his beloved Cocoons Deli in Seagrove. They will close sometime in the next week. I'm happy for Mike as he and his wife will finally be able to enjoy this beautiful place instead of working so hard at serving the many locals and visitors who make Cocoons a regular stop. But they will be missed:sosad:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
This is such a shame, gotta get my biscuit and BBQ lunch on before it's no more.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I went ahead and bought 10,000 barbeque sandwiches so I can be OK until 2020. Does anyone know where I can buy a bunch of freezers cheap?

(They said they would be open until the 16th.)

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
we know they have been trying to sell for quite some time, but we have (selfishly) always hoped it would NEVER happen!! congrats to mike and linda on a well-deserved retirement. does anyone know about the sale? did someone buy the business with the plan to run it as is? did they just buy it for the property? we hope the former - we would really miss cocoon's!!

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Glad they were finally able to sell! I know they have been trying for a while and this will be a well deserved retirement!

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
we know they have been trying to sell for quite some time, but we have (selfishly) always hoped it would NEVER happen!! congrats to mike and linda on a well-deserved retirement. does anyone know about the sale? did someone buy the business with the plan to run it as is? did they just buy it for the property? we hope the former - we would really miss cocoon's!!

Supposedly the owner of the former bike shop across the street purchased It. He is going to have his bike shop there and maybe a deli, but it won't be Cocoon's :sosad:. I think he also owns Donut Hut.