• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

frendofben

Beach Comber
Sep 5, 2013
I respect everyone"s opinion on the landscaping plants ....But this is not for Hwy.331 roadway,it is for the required buffer zone landscape of new business's that build within 300 feet of Hwy.331 on private property...
:thanks: FOB..

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
Crape Myrtles and Dog Wood. Very beautiful and easy to maintain.

LA033

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2006
I respect everyone"s opinion on the landscaping plants ....But this is not for Hwy.331 roadway,it is for the required buffer zone landscape of new business's that build within 300 feet of Hwy.331 on private property...
:thanks: FOB..

Private property. That's the owners business. I don't care what they put in the ground, as long as it's not an invasive plant. Doesn't this become self regulating at some point? A business is not going to want to spend a lot of money on irrigating or on maintaining their landscape. Nor are they going to want to deter customers by putting in offensive plants (last sentence = a little tongue in cheek).

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Private property. That's the owners business. I don't care what they put in the ground, as long as it's not an invasive plant. Doesn't this become self regulating at some point? A business is not going to want to spend a lot of money on irrigating or on maintaining their landscape. Nor are they going to want to deter customers by putting in offensive plants (last sentence = a little tongue in cheek).

They may not want to, some business owners don't want to pay their employee's, but we have regulations that require them to do so. Many businesses are fully aware that their location may have regulations they don't like, but the location outweigh's the cost.

LA033

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2006
They may not want to, some business owners don't want to pay their employee's, but we have regulations that require them to do so. Many businesses are fully aware that their location may have regulations they don't like, but the location outweigh's the cost.

I don't agree with anything in your post.

1. Business owners want employees to have a reason to come in every day, put forth their best effort and have a vested interest in the success of the business.

2. I would be willing to bet all businesses are fully aware that their location may have regulations they don't like.

3. A prime location does not guarantee that it will out weigh cost's. There have been many failed businesses up and down 30A. I would venture to say that regulations and high rent/mortgage had a part in those businesses failing.

I don't expect you to respond, defend or to try to change my mind. Not looking for a debate. I just do not agree.

frendofben

Beach Comber
Sep 5, 2013
....and at the end of Hwy.331 check out
The proposed ordinance would require all business owners to have a set number of parking spaces at their sites that are calculated using a formula using square footage and number of employees. It's in the Walton Sun on line ...
:thanks: FOB

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Horror, parking requirements based on building size and staffing! Is there no end to government intrusion!