• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Diamond Dave

Banned
Mar 6, 2011
Seagrove
This policy is typical of Walton County Institutions, out-dated and laughable. Maybe the school board should focus on the real problems at hand like drugs in school and bullying incidents.

Diamond Dave

Banned
Mar 6, 2011
Seagrove
Misty:

I believe you are referring to Paul "Mac" Work. I too am fimilar with that incident and glad you have not forgotten it. Kudos to the one that reported it, let's just not forget about it. Its not everyday you can beat a kid and get a financial promotion for it. I believe the bus barn job paid some big bucks $$$.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Misty:

I believe you are referring to Paul "Mac" Work. I too am fimilar with that incident and glad you have not forgotten it. Kudos to the one that reported it, let's just not forget about it. Its not everyday you can beat a kid and get a financial promotion for it. I believe the bus barn job paid some big bucks $$$.

You are correct. :)

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Well, "that's just the way they do things round here". :)

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I found this article the other day from the Miami Herald. I'll grant you the article is from 1993 but as is typical around here, things don't change much. This is still pretty much the attitude...at least in NoWal.

http://www.corpun.com/ussc9306.htm

dadleyblane5

Beach Comber
Dec 30, 2011
When I was in school and received a paddling, my mother and father knew I probably did something to deserve it. And backed the teachers decision for corporal punishment on me. I believe that's what is wrong with some kids nowadays. Never have received any type of "butt whipping" from parents as well as teachers for some kind of disruptive behavior. My parents spanked me when I was growing up and I deserved every one of them. Students should learn when they act disruptly that there are conseqences besides detention or a time out. They need what my father called "an attention getter". Personally if my child was in the wrong, then corporal punishment within means is fine with me. I remember Moses saying in the bible "spare the rod and spoil the child".

joe Maxwell

Beach Crab
Sep 23, 2013
I am a product of Okaloosa Walton schools having moved to the area with my military family decades ago when I was 12 years old. After leaving the area after graduating and returning recently I could not believe that this school violence was still going on in the 21st century (Thankfully Okaloosa county has progressed and no longer allows the beating of school students). I was the recipient of these assaults and witnessed much abuse of boys by bully coaches and school administrators (criminals would be a better term). In my Junior high school they had a demerit system and the beatings and the threats of violence against students (again mainly boys) for one contrived infraction or the other was an almost every day occurrence, I vividly remember a fat pig of a coach of mine in the 7th grade beating every boy in my class for something one person did, or we could run around the track field around and around for the entire one hour class period in the 90 degree heat under the Florida sun. That was my welcome to this wonderful state's public schools. School violence continued right on through high school and soon I began to recognize which male school officials "enjoyed" assaulting boys, in part by "gaydar." Yes I am gay, but it wasn't that much of a gay issue but for me it was a sexually sadistic and violent one. As I approached puberty I found that sticking my butt out at a male and having him hit it sexually arousing and stimulating,,, and I am NOT alone.

sharkstooth

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
This is not an okaalossa issue, not a male or female issue. I come from GA, straight A student, but, one class I needed to take...I was a girl, no girls, no matter how smart, C, was our top grade. So I went to summer school just for that class. I told my parents , and everyone about my teacher, no one would listen.it took years but now they know and my sick teacher is in jail!

joe Maxwell

Beach Crab
Sep 23, 2013
It is unbelievable that this still goes on in Walton county schools. At least Okaloosa schools outlawed this crap a couple of years ago.

So hypocritical schools preach against bullying on the one hand, and then promote this school violence on the other.

As a product of Okaloosa Walton schools decades ago I experienced much abuse and witnessed it from bully educators (criminals is a better term) who should have been arrested for child abuse.