• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Tell us when it is going down and we will all show up with a keg or something...:cool:

Blue Mtn Mama

Beach Comber
May 28, 2013
There is a trail to eastern lake in Grayton beach state park. Near the beginning of the trail you enter a grove of trees that makes a nature "room" of sorts. There is a bench inside. It's a very special place with a special feeling. I was married there. You should check it out!

Bac

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2013
GB-

Raised in Columbus and last 5 years this is my home....

Amazing outpouring of southern hospitality sentiment for your upcoming nuptial planning!

Not sure when you will visit, but anything we can do to make your stay more meaningful and pleasant, let me know!

GoBuckeyes

Beach Comber
Sep 23, 2013
There is a trail to eastern lake in Grayton beach state park. Near the beginning of the trail you enter a grove of trees that makes a nature "room" of sorts. There is a bench inside. It's a very special place with a special feeling. I was married there. You should check it out!

Yes, we have been here. Beautiful little nature grove!

GoBuckeyes

Beach Comber
Sep 23, 2013
Thank you all so much! Planning on doing this later this week!!! :dothewave:

GB-

Raised in Columbus and last 5 years this is my home....

Amazing outpouring of southern hospitality sentiment for your upcoming nuptial planning!

Not sure when you will visit, but anything we can do to make your stay more meaningful and pleasant, let me know!

GoBuckeyes

Beach Comber
Sep 23, 2013
It went PERFECTLY. Could not have asked for anything better. We stopped at one of the 'berms' right before the river section connects to the oceon, on the non-protected side, and were not bothered at all.

I made a little clamshell 'ring box', and hid it in the sand when she wasn't looking. Then, after a romantic lunch, me and the pup were digging and just so happened to "find" a little shell while she was watching.

She ran over excited, right as I dropped to one knee, took her hand, and opened up the shell to show the ring. Did my little speech, she said yes while crying happy tears. Spent some more time resting/playing on the beach and rowed on back.

So happy to have sowal be a part of our life. We are going to have our wedding in seagrove/watercolor area as well.

Thanks again for the help, everyone!