• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I'm one of the Po folks living in Inlet and I don't want Dollar General or any other chain or plastic crap dealer opening up here. We don't need that garbage on our beaches, blowing down our roads, filling the dumps. I would love to see Sowal stay quiet and largely undeveloped but if it must be developed, couldn't it be done responsibly?

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I looks like the bikers got the message to stay away from the glorious South Walton during Thunder Beach. I didn't notice too many motorcycles and I was in Seagrove Beach the whole week. I hope none you delicate people didn't have to put in your ear plugs or be otherwise inconvenienced by all those motorcycle buffs.

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
Actually 2 bikers renting a house helped me get a friends' porch furniture out of harms way when we weren't sure about the storm.
These guys wouldn't make Breaking Bad - expensive Harleys were too shiny and they were very helpful - they come every year and would make good renters.

cdsmith96

Beach Comber
Jul 17, 2013
In case you had not heard... the BoCC voted in our favor and rejected the proposed Dollar General in Inlet Beach last night. It was a 3-2 vote with Meadows, Comander, and Pridgen voting against the store and Imfeld and Chapman voting for the store.
First, I can not thank everyone enough for your support. In particular the Historic South Inlet Beach Neighborhood Association... http://hsibna.wordpress.com

That group is in the process of becoming more of an Inlet Beach (north and south) group to look after all of our best interests. I would encourage everyone on this list to be a member. I think it is $50/year. Their funds went toward helping pay for a court reporter last night as well as an expert to guide us through these murky waters of the approval process for a store like this.

Last night I want to thank everyone that spoke at the meeting... Rod Wilson, Bob Murfin, Sonnia Gilbson, and Bob Smith. We only had a few of us speak, but they were very rational and each spoke on different issues. I think this came across well to the BoCC. Also, the attorney for the developer did not come across well at all. A jerk would be putting it lightly. I think he did not help the developers cause at all.

Anyway, you can go back and watch the meeting if you want to poke your eyes out or if you are interested. https://walton.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx

The whole process has been a nice civics lesson for me and I think it illustrates the power in organization and numbers. Thanks again for all your help.

Respectfully yours,

Chris Smith