• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Yesterday, about 11AM, my phone dropped a call. Since then, it's been really difficult to make a call out or receive a call. No bars, or just one or two bars. Only roaming works.

The other Sprint phone in the house has the same problem, so it seems to be network, not my phone.

Home is near Eastern Lake.

This is not a common problem for us. The last time I remember an outage that lasted more than an hour or two was after Katrina.

Anyone else having similar problems?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Still no service. It seems localized. I got 5 bars yesterday afternoon near Publix on 395. Anyone else suffering?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I stopped suffering when I switched to Verizon several years ago...:cool:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
My service with Sprint, except for this, has been everything I could ask for. Good service, plans that fit my needs, etc.

I know everyone has their own experiences and preferences, and I respect that. Just looking to see if anyone else is in the same, hopefully short term, boat.

Last edited:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Spoke to a more knowledgeable Sprint rep today. The first rep failed to put in a trouble ticket, fix request, or whatever they call it. We are now supposed to get the nearby cells checked soon by a tech. I'll keep you posted.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I had Sprint for years way back from the Nextel days. My service in Santa Rosa Beach areas was ok, but when I switched to an iPhone, the data service took a hit for some reason. When I was in Panama City, I had no data to speak of there. I ended up changing service. Unlimited data is great but if you can't access it, its a waste.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I had Sprint for years way back from the Nextel days. My service in Santa Rosa Beach areas was ok, but when I switched to an iPhone, the data service took a hit for some reason. When I was in Panama City, I had no data to speak of there. I ended up changing service. Unlimited data is great but if you can't access it, its a waste.

The rep was a talker. Among other things, he said they're moving toward having separate networks for voice, text, and data. Each optimized for the task. And here I always thought everything shared the bandwidth. Maybe your PC experience is somehow related to that.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Today, Sprint confirms that the "tower nearest you is damaged and out of service". Parts replacement required. No ETA. That's a start, though.

runnerrrgirl1

Beach Lover
Feb 21, 2012
Seagrove Beach FL
I had the outage with my son's virgin mobile phone since Friday 11/8. After a couple of calls, facebook posts to their page and an email his phone started working again around 2:30 yesterday 11/12. (Virgin runs on sprint towers.) We are near One Seagrove and he attends South Walton High. The phone had no service at or in between either place. Seems ok now. Hopefully yours is working now as well. BTW I demanded a refund for the days he had no service. Virgin gave me a $5 credit. You should ask. I believe if you pay for a service you should actually get it.

Winelover

Beach Lover
Dec 31, 2011
Yes I have had difficulties for the first time a month ago, after 15years with Sprint. After a couple calls to customer service, if you have DSL you can see if you qualify for a unit called an airave which boosts your signal. I had dish network but techs come Monday from mediacom to install. In my area some company put a cell tower and since then signals on my 3 lines have been dropping calls and texts....hopefully the airave will be the answer. Will keep you informed of outcome!