• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ladybug8876

leslie lou
Mar 20, 2005
Paducah, Ky
I've been on here since it was a small forum and haven't posted in a long long time but that doesn't mean my Love for Sowal has stopped. Have traveled here with my sis so many times it's our place, we brought our best friend & our mom. We kept trying to get dad down to Sowal but he would just say "I didn't leave anything in Florida" I honestly think his trip to Florida to do disaster relief for Hurricane Andrew left a bitter taste in his mouth about coming back.
Back in the spring he went with his siblings to Myrtle Beach, loved walking on the beach & being by the ocean. He loved it so much I asked my Mom "Do you think we could get him to sowal?"
Her response was "I think so!!" So the trip was planned!! My mom, sis, our best friend, my dad & myself.
We traveled in October the most perfect time of the year. My dad was like a little kid. He loved the nature, the architecture, The Food!! Of course waking up to the Sunrise on Seagrove Beach where we stayed coming up over the gulf and seeing the sun set, he was in awe. Seeing the dolphins swim by every morning excited the photographer in him!!
Welcomed him to Sowal by taking everyone to Bud & Alleys Rooftop bar for a beautiful sunset & traditional bell ringing. Strolled around Seaside after eating dinner at The Meltdown.
During our long weekend we enjoyed breakfast at Modica, Shopped the Seaside Farmers Market, went to church on the beach and explored The Dune trail at Grayton Beach State Park. Spent time relaxing on the Beach of course :), took a drive around the neighborhoods just enjoying and soaking up our surroundings.
It was exciting to see SoWal through the eyes of someone who has never been and out of all the people I've shared it with he was my favorite. Guess cause we are so much a like and what he was expressing was how I feel for a place I hope to call home one day.
My favorite memory was when I rented a YoloYak!! I loved it!! My dad tried it, was a natural and loved it too!! When we were leaving, gave him a hug goodbye and he said "Thanks for bringing me to Florida" makes me smile :)
Oh and a trip to Sowal isn't a trip with out a night out at the Red Bar!!! He was like "I've never seen a check that big before" hahaa! I think he is ready to go back!!