• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I heard tomorrow 12/15/13 is last day for brunch and Italiano place taking the space. Sad to see them go.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
The last 5-10 times I drove by there over the last 6 months I rarely saw many people in there.Personally I've never eaten there because the menu never appealed to me as i'm more a basic red bar or shades type guy and most of there entrees seemed like roasted duck type items so the mkt is more narrow for that

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
The area needs something...

May be for the best, her heart is in NOLA. Looking forward to something a little different!

.... different as the quality of the dining experience there has been declining since The Smiling Fish "left". The bar/rest. that took Fish's location seems more to want to be a night club instead of a pleasant dining experience. Pizza by the Sea having a location there will be good for the area along now with another type of restaurant.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
Seems to me that several area restaurants could try new menus .Some of these places wore out their menus years ago,guess as long as it works for them,have at it.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Some of my favorite memories of my early years with a place in SoWal were the Sunday brunches with other SoWallers, many of whom were relatively new to the area sharing in the excitement of being in such a wonderful area. I went back there a few times for excellent dinners. I'll definitely miss them and the Sunday mimosas.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Seems to me that several area restaurants could try new menus .Some of these places wore out their menus years ago,guess as long as it works for them,have at it.

It's a balance - some people visit and want their favorite dish every time. Some chefs want to change the menu every day. Most places have favorites that stay on the menu and changing specials. It's the American way.