• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I need someone to hem pants. Quite a lot of pants, actually, 6 or 7 pairs. Recommendations?

And on a side note, if the word "pants" is plural, then is a single pant just one leg and one side of the seat?

From Merriam-Webster.com:

pant noun[h=2]Definition of PANT[/h]1
: an outer garment covering each leg separately and usually extending from the waist to the ankle —usually used in plural

This one bothers me. Is it six-foot tall or six-feet tall? I looked up the rule. Use "foot" between a number and a noun (for example, six-foot pole) and use "feet" between a number and an adjective. So it's six-feet tall.

For some reason I've been thinking about grammar a lot today.

Also manners. I read thttp://www.career.vt.edu/diningetiquette/qanda.html
to my husband today until he finally told me, "That's enough." LOL.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Is it six-foot tall or six-feet tall? I looked up the rule. Use "foot" between a number and a noun (for example, six-foot pole) and use "feet" between a number and an adjective. So it's six-feet tall.

Well, then. Other than still not knowing where to take my pantses, my day is complete.

Joby

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
The dry cleaners next to the Publix in Watercolor does alterations. We have used them many times.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
An update. I have taken 5 pairs of pants to be hemmed at High Tech Cleaners, located next to the Watercolor Publix on 395.

They did the job perfectly. I'll be taking more pants to them. Recommended.