• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gayle

Beach Comber
Dec 31, 2013
Hi. My husband and I will be arriving soon all the way from upstate NY which is actually 350 miles north of
New York City. This will be our 5th winter on 30A and while we keep busy with some volunteer work, we are eager to meet more locals. We are pretty active- running,biking etc and like to keep really busy. Hopefully, we'll be able to find more events and activities through this forum

Gayle

Beach Comber
Dec 31, 2013
Wow- It's 10 degrees warmer in my hometown up north- way up north- than it is here this morning

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TinCupChalice

Beach Crab
May 4, 2010
Hi there from one upstate NYer to another! We are *still* here (in the real upstate, hundreds of miles north of and worlds away from NYC) and like you, we adore SoWal. We have been renting there for a week or two at least once a year for 14 years now. Just wanted to say hi and that I hope you're still down there... it's 11 degrees here right now, with below-zero windchills expected tonight/tomorrow. Guess I'll have to pretend these snowdrifts are Grayton dunes for now... we're not coming down til June, after school's out. We usually bring a few jars of Dinosaur BBQ sauce for our friends there ;-). I'd love to hear more about your volunteer work — we'd love to give back someday to this wonderful community.