• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
One of the houses there has a burst pipe. I was hoping to call the owners, but...

I looked it up on the county website, and the owner is an LLC.

So, who does the neighborhood property management for Ryan St. and Chelsea loop?

jnealy

Beach Lover
Oct 25, 2011
I just dealt with the same situation yesterday - a house down the street from us had a water leak, but the owners were listed as a trust. I googled the address of the trust and which led me to the owner's name in his hometown. Did you try googling the address of the LLC?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Well, at the moment, it's moot.

Whoever does the property management comes around early on garbage pickup day (that's today for our neighborhood) and puts the trash cans on the curb. They must have found it and turned off the service at the curb, because it's not gushing now.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
In the future one thing you could do is call the water company and assist the property owner by minimizing the damage. They can turn the water off at the meter which will also save them money on their water bill.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
In the future one thing you could do is call the water company and assist the property owner by minimizing the damage. They can turn the water off at the meter which will also save them money on their water bill.

Well, I wouldn't have thought of that. Didn't expect that Regional Utilities would turn off someone's water at the request of someone other than the account holder.

Likewise, I know how to turn it off myself, but didn't for the obvious reasons related to messing with a stranger's stuff. If it had been running out the door, I might have acted differently. In this case, it was the outdoor shower that failed, and the water was simply dumping on some pavers.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think if it's evident that no one is there and it's causing damage and waste they'll do it.

LLC's can be searched on sunbiz.org you can usually find the owners that way as well.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Well, I wouldn't have thought of that. Didn't expect that Regional Utilities would turn off someone's water at the request of someone other than the account holder.
This is correct. Yesterday when it began to thaw there was a line break next door, in the front yard, gushing down the road. I didn't see it but I heard the Regional truck when it arrived, someone else apparently called, and I went outside. They asked me if I knew who the owner was, and they told me they cannot turn it off without permission. I had the owner's cell # and they were able to reach him, then they shut it off. Otherwise they have to wait for the office to look up the owner and try to make contact.
Seems like a cumbersome procedure but I imagine there is some legal reason............