• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I've noticed new signs about to be revealed in the next day or two on 30A....

Is the county going to make it possible for golf cart owners to hold up traffic in the heat of the summer?

If that's the case I can imagine the road rage. :angry:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The BCC did vote to lower speed limits the length of 30A by 5 miles per hour, this still leaves portions at 40 mph that (supposedly) prevent golf carts from having total reign.

sharkstooth

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
The BCC did vote to lower speed limits the length of 30A by 5 miles per hour, this still leaves portions at 40 mph that (supposedly) prevent golf carts from having total reign.

So where it was 25 will be 20? Putt putt...might as well get out and push!

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Seriously? I am already using cruise control on parts of 30a because the speed limits are so low my foot acts on its own!

And I believe 40 mph is the magic golf carts allowed number. God help us all!

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
Here is what was approved in August for retrofit of speed limit signs on CR30-A and a link to a map. The golf carts aren't legally supposed to be on sections with posted speed limits of more than 35 MPH.

C.R. 30A Speed Limit Signage Retrofit
Mr. Douglass stated that the signs along C.R. 30A are in need of repair. He reported that the Genesis Group performed a study which highlighted speed limits along C.R. 30A and would like to move forward with implementing the replacement of the speed limit signage based on the study.
Commissioner Comander questioned if the speed limit would be changed. Mr. Douglass replied that the most significant change would be that some areas currently 45 mph will be changed to 40 mph . He said that the biggest benefit of the study is the speed limit transitions approaching intersections and residential areas.
The Board concurred to allow Public Works to move forward with the replacement of the speed limit signs along C.R. 30A

https://walton.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=2584826&GUID=F980E78A-82DB-491D-B8E3-4BA35E0BE246

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
miznotebook, thank you for keeping the rumor mill from rising over the the 50' height limit. Not only on this issue but many others as well.

I know I shouldn't complain because I didn't attend any Planning Commission or BCC meetings. But the speed limits don't make sense to me. The safe speeds depend on whether it's off-season or not. I'll speak for the stretch of 30A that I frequent. I don't mind 25 mph from the Western Lake bridge to Whiskey Bravo. But in the off-season 25 is ridiculously slow from Whiskey Bravo east to the Eastern Lake Road cutoff -- 35 works. That being said, I don't feel safe driving 35 in Seagrove during spring break and the summer -- too many pedestrians, etc., to watch out for. There must be a way to have speed limit signs that depend on whether it's the off-season or not.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Sorry I forgot in my OP that the 25 mph zones remain at that speed. If you look at the asphalt you'll see the new speed spray painted on the ground.