• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I really like the new plans with the exceptions of the palms, the reduction in parking spaces, and the giant tower replacing the post office. I love that post office. :sosad:

Paving will be a nice upgrade for the Farmer's Market and it looks like they are getting rid of most of the commercial space currently south of 30a, so perhaps there will be fewer people constantly running across the street and slowing traffic.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
i really like the new plans with the exceptions of the palms, the reduction in parking spaces, and the giant tower replacing the post office. I love that post office. :sosad: paving will be a nice upgrade for the farmer's market and it looks like they are getting rid of most of the commercial space currently south of 30a, so perhaps there will be fewer people constantly running across the street and slowing traffic.
yea!!!

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
I guess time will tell. It is nice to have access to Seaside, it is the epitome of nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
That's gonna be one heck of a wind tunnel in the middle during storms , of course no one will be there. As South Walton continues to grow it will begin to infill. The shoe horns coming, but this one is a well maintained foot compared to the bunions and corns that are brewing elsewhere.

I really hope Bud & Alley's will come back to one of the restaurant areas. I'll definitely be cramming some quality time at the Tarpon club in.

Anybody remember when the little cottages went away. You'd have thought the earth was going to stop spinning, but we all moved on and got over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
That's gonna be one heck of a wind tunnel in the middle during storms , of course no one will be there. As South Walton continues to grow it will begin to infill. The shoe horns coming, but this one is a well maintained foot compared to the bunions and corns that are brewing elsewhere.

I really hope Bud & Alley's will come back to one of the restaurant areas. I'll definitely be cramming some quality time at the Tarpon club in.

Anybody remember when the little cottages went away. You'd have thought the earth was going to stop spinning, but we all moved on and got over it.
Are they eliminating all of the Airstream trailers along 30-A as well?

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
I really like the new plans with the exceptions of the palms, the reduction in parking spaces, and the giant tower replacing the post office. I love that post office. :sosad:

I love the post office too! I believe they are moving it and not removing it entirely, I thought it was going to be moved to Seaside Ave, hope that's correct. I can't imagine they would take it out completely, it's pretty iconic. However, I basically love everything they come up with so trust the new design will be awesome. I also prefer the higher density of the new plan, adding density in new urbanism adds more charm and amenities to places IMO because it's mixed-use and not just residential.