• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Hi all, sorry to ask this for what must be the 57th time on SoWal.

But, I'd like to get current info.

I live near Eastern Lake. Having serious problems with incoming calls going direct to voice mail for several weeks now.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Anyone along this stretch of 30A who can happily say they're always satisfied with cell service?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Not had any problems with Verizon. I had a few dead spots with AT&T, which went completely dead everywhere when Atlanta is here on Spring Break.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Not had any problems with Verizon. I had a few dead spots with AT&T, which went completely dead everywhere when Atlanta is here on Spring Break.

Yikes! Glad you mentioned spring break, Kurt. I'd completely forgotten about that. I haven't had any problems during break in the past. My problems now aren't lack of service, it's just incoming calls don't work about 1/2 the time.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Yikes! Glad you mentioned spring break, Kurt. I'd completely forgotten about that. I haven't had any problems during break in the past. My problems now aren't lack of service, it's just incoming calls don't work about 1/2 the time.

What service do you have? Are you sure it's not an equipment problem?

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
YES!! I have the same problems as well and have for years! Text messages never get through and resetting a phone once or twice a month. I ever went so far as to write a letter to the Regional VP in Alabama , with nothing received in return. I have AT&T and in the past also had Sprint but the service is horrible and just wait until Spring Break season starts!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Kurt, it doesn't appear to be a phone problem. Happens to both of us, but only when we're on the local cell tower that serves the Eastern Lake area. Inbound calls work fine elsewhere. For instance, I got a call in Grayton two days ago, just 15 minutes after leaving home where we couldn't stand in the living room and call each other. Outbound calls work fine, no matter where we are. It's not a lack of service, we have 3G and 3 to 5 bars all the time.

I'm on Sprint. Other than a tower failure in December 2013 and some issues after Katrina, service has been pretty good in the 10 years I've been living here. No issues with spring break. There's a Sprint dead zone at Camp Creek, but that doesn't affect me.

Sorry to hear of justhavinfun's similar problems with AT&T, but that seems to agree with Kurt's comments about them.

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
New ATT tower at Grayton beach just went into service early January. Rumor another ATT roof top tower coming to BMB on too of a higher
Condo xstreet from Sally's.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Thanks steel1man. Those towers won't do me much good. My problem is at home, just west of Eastern Lake.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove